Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new mag pouch

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Your current soft loop setup is very snug to the body and very secure. That's nothing to sneeze at.
    Not quick release... :frown: I desperately want a quick release option but currently my favorites are made by someone else and making something different for the sake of being different won't benefit anyone.
    Last edited by orionz06; 07-25-2012 at 12:40 PM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Not quick release... :frown: I desperately want a quick release option but currently my favorites are made by someone else and making something different for the sake of being different won't benefit anyone.
    Quick release is a good trait to have .... if done properly. Like you, I prefer the ones already on the market (and already mentioned) so I agree there's no sense in trying to re-invent the wheel.

After thought .... quick release is sort of like modularity in my mind. It sounds great but the reality is once the novelty or newness wears off you are left with something that sounded better than it really is. Modularity sort of implies it will do it all. Most of us have found that anything that does it all doesn't usually do any one thing better than something that only does THE one thing. Follow that?

Specifically, it's great to be able to setup the same holster eleventy billion ways. However, the reality is once you find the sweet spot you are likely to never change it thus negating the need for modularity. I have dupes of lots of things simply because I'm too lazy to swap between IWB vs OWB loops all the time based on my needs for the day.

This thread might be of interest to you too.

http://pistol-forum.com/showthread.p...kinnier-people

I'm contemplating the BMC ones, but I can't figure out what the difference is btw the standard clip or integrated loop.

Kytex... 14 bucks and dang good pouches.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

hey, did someone say kytex yet?

Mine are great, ended up buying one opposite of my normal carry side so that I can flip it around and wear the mag inside the waistband

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Corlissimo- you might check Dale Fricke holsters, he does horizontal but can't tell from his site how they attach.
    Thanks Nick
    I've looked at the Fricke HMCs (online only) but that $40 price has me looking elsewhere first. I'd stay with the Galco leather HMC that I have been running for my XD, but it squeaks a bit. I know I'll have no such issues with a kydex pouch. Maybe I'll try one if my search doesn't turn up anything else.

ETA: Feel like I could have something custom done for less than $40 but I'm just guessing at that.
    If you can't taste the sarcasm, try licking the screen.

Gettin’ old and blind ain’t for sissies. ~ 41Magfan

I really like CCC basic mag carriers. They are secure, streamlined and concealable. They don't take up any more space then they need to.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    The Ready Tactical are very similar to the Kytex Shooting Gear pouches. I have used Ready AR pouches in the past and now own Kytex AR pouches and they are very similar. Kytex are less expensive and they offer EXCEPTIONAL service. That's not a knock against Ready, just saying why I personally choose Kytex.
    I find that my Ready Tac pistol pouches tend to stick out, as in you can see some daylight between the pouch and the buckle. I use and like them for competition and training. Just wondering if the Kytex pistol pouches fit more flush against the body, thus aiding in concealment?

The Kytex pouches definitely fit nice and flush to the body, they are awesome! They don't have the outward cant that the Ready Tac has.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Site Supporter
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to get an IWB mag pouch to find one that hold's the mag tighter to the body than the Kytex.

User Tag List