View Poll Results: Which type of pistol do you AIWB carry?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • I carry a pistol with an external safety.

18 8.65%
  • I carry a pistol with an external hammer.

56 26.92%
  • I carry a pistol with an SCD.

61 29.33%
  • I carry a pistol having none of the above features.

73 35.10%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB Carry Poll

HK P2000SK LEM 9mm
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I’m down to a single Glock (19.3) and that has a NY trigger spring and minus connector. The rest are 92D’s and revolvers.

What are your thoughts on the Glock with NY trigger and minus connector? Vs stock and have you measured the weight?

For those that have carried all side of guns, how much different is it carrying a full size gun vs a compact AIWB. Say a Glock 17 vs 19 or 92 vs 92 compact.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    What are your thoughts on the Glock with NY trigger and minus connector? Vs stock and have you measured the weight?

For those that have carried all side of guns, how much different is it carrying a full size gun vs a compact AIWB. Say a Glock 17 vs 19 or 92 vs 92 compact.
    Haven’t measured the G19 trigger pull. It’s noticeably heavier than stock but there’s no second stage. It’s more like a revolver’s trigger pull.

I carry my G19 in 17 length holsters anyway. The grip length is the difference. The grip on the full size 92 is actually G19 in length.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Site Supporter
    CZ P-07 and 1911's before that. Smith 638 if I need very deep concealment AIWB, but usually that one just goes in a pocket somewhere as a backup.

Glock 19MOS/RMR RM09/Streamlight TLR-7A

Or

S&W M&P M2.0 CORE (4.25” slide on compact frame)/ RMR RM06 and trying to decide on a TLR-7A compatible holster.

Glock 48+SCD+507k in Dark Star Gear Hitchhiker, Dark Wing, DCC Mod 4 1.5" single clip, Mastermind Tactics Appendix Carry Pillow - Wedge, Dr. Scholl's Women's Gel Heel Pad mounted upside down. (just sold).

Transitioning to a Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS+SCD+507c in JM CM AIWB 2.5 with TBD clip/wing/pad (in process of sorting out purchase).

G48:

Name:  IMG_9201.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  61.9 KB

Site Supporter
    I have settled into only carrying Glock 19s with SCDs. Before the SCD was available I carried a P30 LEM for a while and before that it was a P229.

Just to be fair there is frequently a 442 in my pocket with the G19 on my belt and sometimes but very rarely just the 442.

I only went away from the P30 and P229 to try optics. As it turns out optics helped my shooting greatly so I have stuck with G19s with red dots and J-frames basically since the SCD was released. I flirted with a PX4CC but it never really went anywhere.

Name:  0F8511AB-B09B-4A6D-B478-0B24CD1EF348.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  100.6 KBGen 3 rtf2 with swampfox optic justice and zev slide/barrel. Will swap back to factory slide and barrel as soon as jagerworks mills and installs my 509t.

Site Supporter
    HK45C LEM in a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5
    92D in JMCK Wing Claw 2.5

I'm coming back around to a Glock phase again, though. I appreciate the SCD's use and effectiveness but I didn't consider it mandatory when I first started AIWB carry with an ancient G2 G19.
    I'll likely go SCD on every carry Glock if I go back to them, though.
    Or I might buy some 92X G's and rock an X300 with a Phlster. Can't decide.

Glock 26, Gen5

User Tag List