View Poll Results: Which type of pistol do you AIWB carry?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • I carry a pistol with an external safety.

18 8.65%
  • I carry a pistol with an external hammer.

56 26.92%
  • I carry a pistol with an SCD.

61 29.33%
  • I carry a pistol having none of the above features.

73 35.10%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: AIWB Carry Poll

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The only way I can picture an SCD making the gun inoperable in a fight would be if you tried to execute a contact shot and placed your thumb on the back of the slide to prevent the slide from going out of battery. That’s only a problem if you press your thumb dead center into the back of the slide and activate the SCD. If you put your thumb on the top third of the rear of the slide, you would keep the gun in battery but not activate the SCD. It’s not a real concern.
    Even then it's not a great tactic since your contact shot would be your only shot until you could perform a malfunction drill to clear the spent shell since the pressure would prevent rearward movement of the slide.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I carry a CZ P-07 90% and a G21 with SCD the other 10%.
    I think other parts of the Glock will fail before the gadget does.
    I have several Knightfall Customs AIWB holsters; good quality and fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Even then it's not a great tactic since your contact shot would be your only shot until you could perform a malfunction drill to clear the spent shell since the pressure would prevent rearward movement of the slide.
    Yes, that’s the idea. It is done to keep the slide in battery so the gun will fire. And yes your getting one shot then having to rack the slide.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    It's only a concern for those who don't understand how it works and don't care to find out. You could literally break off the pivoting plate on the back of the SCD and it will operate like the OEM Glock slide plate. It couldn't have been designed better.
    Well, Bob, I've never seen a Gadget. But there is a ton of them in use here and I've not seen one report of one breaking, wearing out, not working correctly, going out of adjustment, whatever. From that I deduced that they were of high quality using the proper materials and heat treatment (if any), carefully machined and assembled with the care and consideration needed for a life-saving or taking piece of equipment. Am I wrong in my assumption?

My concern is that it works as designed in an entangled fight and I can't shoot when I want to. My concern. Small concern, one would think the odds would be tremendous against it happening. But I'm not one who pays tremendous attention to odds, so there's that. I specifically stated that I wasn't posting my thoughts as a challenge, this is the internet and there's always some asshole who feels he just has to bark at someone, regardless.

It wasn't a challenge and that's all I have to say on the subject.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    Well, Bob, I've never seen a Gadget. But there is a ton of them in use here and I've not seen one report of one breaking, wearing out, not working correctly, going out of adjustment, whatever. From that I deduced that they were of high quality using the proper materials and heat treatment (if any), carefully machined and assembled with the care and consideration needed for a life-saving or taking piece of equipment. Am I wrong in my assumption?

My concern is that it works as designed in an entangled fight and I can't shoot when I want to. My concern. Small concern, one would think the odds would be tremendous against it happening. But I'm not one who pays tremendous attention to odds, so there's that. I specifically stated that I wasn't posting my thoughts as a challenge, this is the internet and there's always some asshole who feels he just has to bark at someone, regardless.

It wasn't a challenge and that's all I have to say on the subject.

Cat
    Buy one and find out for yourself. The internet is full of anti-SCD derp. I'm sure you can find swaths of people to sympathize with your views.

Deleted
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; 07-15-2021 at 07:11 AM.

G17 Gen 5, Velo Gen 3. Once I manage to get a Certum 3, this will most likely change to G43X.

(Given where I live, stuff like the SCD from Tau is unobtanium. What you got is what you got so I constantly pay serious attention to the software requirements of AIWB.)

User Tag List