View Poll Results: Which type of pistol do you AIWB carry?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • I carry a pistol with an external safety.

18 8.65%
  • I carry a pistol with an external hammer.

56 26.92%
  • I carry a pistol with an SCD.

61 29.33%
  • I carry a pistol having none of the above features.

73 35.10%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: AIWB Carry Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    This old dog isn't going to learn that SCD new trick. Don't see the point. I always look to re-holster and been carrying AIWB for about 40 years now. Install something that can disable my pistol in an entangled gunfight? Don't think so.

Ha! Good catch Bucky! I missed that completely.

I agree Stephanie, cotton and or wool is the only way to go!

Cat
    How would the SCD disable your gun in an entangled gunfight? @SouthNarc, probably THE SME on entangled gunfights, tested several of the original prototypes on SIMS Glock 17s in his classes for a while and never had any issues. He’s even stated that on this forum before.

Wolly,

I believe both you and him. However I can see the possiblity, even remotely that in a struggle for control of the gun the SCD getting activated at the wrong time.

Didn't mean to put it out there as a challenge. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind on the matter, that's just how I look at it.

Cat

Snip...

However I can see the possiblity, even remotely that in a struggle for control of the gun the SCD getting activated at the wrong time.
    I know you said that you went putting this out as a challenge, BUT I think there is a better chance of a ND into the leg than the SCD causing issues in an entanglement.

I switched from a M&P that is the most accurate gun I have ever shot (it has an Apex barrel installed by Randy) because I think the SCD is more valuable than a 1 inch group at 10 yards.

Site Supporter
    Wolly,

I believe both you and him. However I can see the possiblity, even remotely that in a struggle for control of the gun the SCD getting activated at the wrong time.

Didn't mean to put it out there as a challenge. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind on the matter, that's just how I look at it.

Cat
    Somebody can also tie up a j frame or any other revolver by grabbing the cylinder and holding it really tight. I reckon that you could tie up a DA/SA by blocking rearward movement of the hammer.

As I said earlier in the thread I don’t own one, but personally I don’t see the entangled fight as a reason to avoid it. I’m a lot more worried about somebody who knows what they’re doing breaking and devolving my finger with the triggerguard than I am them blocking a small protubrance on the back of the slide. I’ve just been too lazy to buy one.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    So just cotton and / or wool??
    Leather for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Somebody can also tie up a j frame or any other revolver by grabbing the cylinder and holding it really tight. I reckon that you could tie up a DA/SA by blocking rearward movement of the hammer.

As I said earlier in the thread I don’t own one, but personally I don’t see the entangled fight as a reason to avoid it. I’m a lot more worried about somebody who knows what they’re doing breaking and devolving my finger with the triggerguard than I am them blocking a small protubrance on the back of the slide. I’ve just been too lazy to buy one.
    A revolver can be fired by turning the gun against the cylinder rotation while pulling the trigger. Not recommended as it’s not good for timing.

Glock 19 Gen 4 w/ SCD or G26 w/ SCD

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    This old dog isn't going to learn that SCD new trick. Don't see the point. I always look to re-holster and been carrying AIWB for about 40 years now. Install something that can disable my pistol in an entangled gunfight? Don't think so.
    I'm curious about how great a concern this is.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It's only a concern for those who don't understand how it works and don't care to find out. You could literally break off the pivoting plate on the back of the SCD and it will operate like the OEM Glock slide plate. It couldn't have been designed better.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    It's only a concern for those who don't understand how it works and don't care to find out. You could literally break off the pivoting plate on the back of the SCD and it will operate like the OEM Glock slide plate. It couldn't have been designed better.
    The only way I can picture an SCD making the gun inoperable in a fight would be if you tried to execute a contact shot and placed your thumb on the back of the slide to prevent the slide from going out of battery. That’s only a problem if you press your thumb dead center into the back of the slide and activate the SCD. If you put your thumb on the top third of the rear of the slide, you would keep the gun in battery but not activate the SCD. It’s not a real concern.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List