View Poll Results: Which type of pistol do you AIWB carry?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • I carry a pistol with an external safety.

18 8.65%
  • I carry a pistol with an external hammer.

56 26.92%
  • I carry a pistol with an SCD.

61 29.33%
  • I carry a pistol having none of the above features.

73 35.10%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB Carry Poll

43X with gadget. Currently at Maple Leaf for 507k milling and installation. Carried in a JMCK with S15s.

Interesting stats. So about 1/3 of us are carrying an SCD-equipped Glock of some kind (of course many are carrying Glocks with no SCD, and I would say the total Glock-carrying population is somewhere between 40% and 50%). About 1/3 of us are carrying either a DA/SA gun or a 1911. And about 1/3 of us are appendix-carrying a striker-fired pistol with no SCD or manual safety.

Site Supporter
    Glock 26 19 or 17 in an enigma with home-rolled kydex. No SCD, not because I don’t think they’re a good idea I just haven’t gotten around to getting one yet .

Also, although it’s stainless steel it’s still going to be less corrosion resistant than the plastic back plate and I don’t know how it will fare being exposed to sweat for 3-7 days at a time without being wiped off or cleaned.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Any of a number of 9mm Glocks with SCDs. Usually a G17, but sometimes a G19 or a G43.

Springer Range Officer Elite in 9mm 1911. Ambi safeties.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Glock 26 19 or 17 in an enigma with home-rolled kydex. No SCD, not because I don’t think they’re a good idea I just haven’t gotten around to getting one yet .

Also, although it’s stainless steel it’s still going to be less corrosion resistant than the plastic back plate and I don’t know how it will fare being exposed to sweat for 3-7 days at a time without being wiped off or cleaned.
    They generally fare pretty well. Before I worked for my current agency, I AIWB carried an SCD equipped 19 or 26 off duty every day. I carried them while out running and I carried them in training classes in the summer heat and humidity and sweated all over the guns. I never saw any corrosion issues with the SCD.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    They generally fare pretty well. Before I worked for my current agency, I AIWB carried an SCD equipped 19 or 26 off duty every day. I carried them while out running and I carried them in training classes in the summer heat and humidity and sweated all over the guns. I never saw any corrosion issues with the SCD.
    Thanks for posting that. Looks like I need to get off my ass and place an order.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Thanks for posting that. Looks like I need to get off my ass and place an order.
    You’re welcome. There are very few products I buy that I like so much that I go out of my way to sing their praises. The SCD is one. I see no downside other than price to installing one on any gun you carry or will regularly be reholstering for practice/training (assuming not prohibited by policy, etc). I’d have my work guns equipped with SCDs in a second if it was allowed.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Carry a G17L in a Phlster Floodlight. Very occasionally carry a G26 in a DSG Orion.

No SCD on either. It does look like a great product though.

Gen3 Glock 19 in an OG 17 length JM aiwb with no wing claw or anything.

User Tag List