View Poll Results: Which type of pistol do you AIWB carry?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • I carry a pistol with an external safety.

18 8.65%
  • I carry a pistol with an external hammer.

56 26.92%
  • I carry a pistol with an SCD.

61 29.33%
  • I carry a pistol having none of the above features.

73 35.10%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: AIWB Carry Poll

Currently back on hammer guns (92d and p09) but I've done glocks with gadgets and strikers with no manual safety or gadget etc... preference goes hammer, scd, normal striker in that order but not having a hammer or scd doesn't stop me from carrying whatever has my interest for the year.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Two insights, worth mentioning...

-I picked "external hammer." But the hammer itself is irrelevant to my choice of carry method: it's the double action pull that drives my choice of carry gun.

-Honestly, the biggest reason I carry AIWB, is because I can't sit down comfortably in a car, or restaurant, etc. when I carried behind the hip.

Voted SCD because that's the closest approximation of what my P99/P99c's decocker buttons do. (They're not technically an SCD or an external hammer, but they do block forward travel of the striker even if the trigger is pulled through its entire stroke.)

19 or a 43 w/SCDs, probably will be a 43X as soon as I can be a BL one on deck.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

AIWB daily

Beretta PX4 Storm 45 ACP type G

SCD'ed Glocks 26, 19, or 17 in a current MasterMind aiwb holster.

Voted none of the above, as I recently switched to a Glock 43X. I need to order a SCD for it.
    Never thought I would carry it instead of my 19. I bought for backup gun matches, but it’s so
    convenient I end up carrying it all the time.

365 no MS

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    Voted external safety because my primary carry is a 1911 (specifically an Ed Brown EVO KC9). It obviously also has an external hammer as well as a grip safety, and I really appreciate the sum of all those features for safety purposes, but the manual safety is the main thing for me so I voted based on that. I’d be just about as comfortable carrying anything else with a well-designed manual safety.
    Good point. I probably should have called the category "DA/SA pistols" instead of "pistols with external hammers". As somebody else mentioned, the safety benefit of DA/SA is not merely the external hammer, but also the DA trigger pull. My intent was to consider 1911s as belonging to the "external safety" category. I was originally going to name the category "1911s", but since we have some striker-fired pistols with external safeties I thought I'd roll them in since they are both similar from a holster safety standpoint.
    Last edited by MasterBlaster; 06-29-2021 at 12:24 PM.

g19, no scd, darkstar gear holster. i plan on getting a scd at some point

User Tag List