Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Deal: 40% Altama

Great Deal: 40% Altama

Folks know - I am a big fan of Altama's Maritime Assault - they have the non-water proof version the Urban Assault now too. I've daily worn Maritime assaults pretty much every day for ~4 years now.

Discount Code is 40Boom

https://originalfootwear.com/collections/altama

Here is the link to the original message: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQrFU8wL...dium=copy_link

The Maritime Assaults are, unfortunately, made overseas these days. There are some limited runs from time-to-time made in the USA. But I don't think any of the Maritime or Urbans available right now are USA-made.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Folks know - I am a big fan of Altama's Maritime Assault - they have the non-water proof version the Urban Assault now too. I've daily worn Maritime assaults pretty much every day for ~4 years now.

Discount Code is 40Boom

https://originalfootwear.com/collections/altama

Here is the link to the original message: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQrFU8wL...dium=copy_link

The Maritime Assaults are, unfortunately, made overseas these days. There are some limited runs from time-to-time made in the USA. But I don't think any of the Maritime or Urbans available right now are USA-made.
    So...

...they're tactical Vans?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    So...

...they're tactical Vans?
    "Tactical Chucks" is actually what they have been nicknamed.

Except way better than anything made by Vans or Converse.

Site Supporter
    Hmm. My chucks are on their last...legs? What's the sizing like? Also, do they have any kind of arch support or are they flat inside, like chucks (which is what I need)? And why maritime vs, urban? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Hmm. My chucks are on their last...legs? What's the sizing like? Also, do they have any kind of arch support or are they flat inside, like chucks (which is what I need)? And why maritime vs, urban? Thanks.
    Sizing is true. I wear a size 9 and measure 9 on a Brannock device.

Decent arch support, but all in the insole which is removable. Once removed you'll get a flat Chuck feeling.

Urban vs. Maritime - Insole - the Maritime has a poly insole that won't absorb water making it "quick drying/waterproof". The Urban has a more traditional insole. For what its worth, I have not tried the Urbans out in person. I can only tell you the Maritime has a removable insole. However, if you contact Altama CS they usually respond quickly.

Seems like you'd want to remove/replace the insole so the cheaper Maritime would probably be the way to go.

Site Supporter
    I’ve worn the maritime ones for several years, and can confirm they are very durable. The regular size is a bit narrow, so I choose and recommend going up in width.

I have a pair of the Maritime in mid and my wife has a pair in low. We both love them. Sizing was true, the only real (or imagined) drawback is the mids seem a bit harder to put on. I wear them all day, the sole looks vestigial but you are stuck to what ever you’re walking on even when wet. No squeaking or noise when walking. Everything I like in a shoe/boot.

Thanks for the heads up! I now have a set of lows in coyote on order.

Site Supporter
    Thanks guys. Looks like I might give these a try.

Another happy user of the maritime versions, both high and low cut. I never imagined it was possible for a set of tenny's to dry so fast as these do. I found sizing to be on target for me, 11D, same as my dress shoes and others.

I bought a pair of the maritime mids a few weeks ago. I’m a 10 in most brands and ordered a size 10. The right shoe started pretty tight and took a few days to break in. Now they’re pretty comfortable. I’m not sold on the insole yet but I like the ankle support and the traction from the soles.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List