Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great Deal: 40% Altama

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Update:

My two pairs (low top and high top) seem to be breaking in nicely. Wore the lows golfing yesterday. I agree that they may just be a “tad” >< narrow. Especially in the toe box. I replaced the seemingly non-compressible insoles with some foam ones. Much more comfortable and less constricting across the toe. I think that the heel cushion especially cramps the foot on these. Maybe once they stretch a bit, I can replace the foam cheapies I inserted. I think if I went wide or the next size up (11), they would be too big. I have hard to fit feet.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

These have forever replaced my Chuck Taylors. Casual and durable shoe boot.

I'm currently sitting behind a desk, wearing 6" duty boots that have literally never seen dirt, wondering if anyone at management level will notice if I wear these instead, in much the same way as that nobody "notices" I swapped a Wilderness Tactical for the "official" Uncle Mike's belt road patrol gets issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    I'm currently sitting behind a desk, wearing 6" duty boots that have literally never seen dirt, wondering if anyone at management level will notice if I wear these instead, in much the same way as that nobody "notices" I swapped a Wilderness Tactical for the "official" Uncle Mike's belt road patrol gets issued.
    woobies are a good alternative to these. have had a pair for over a year and love them. stomped a snake to death at the school I teach at last year with them. 10/10 murder ready.

Still waiting on mine to arrive.

My low tops got here a week or so ago. They fit as well as the mid highs I’ve had for about a year. Much easier to get on and off, probably not much ankle support either way. I am 110% satisfied with them and will rarely wear my Chucks from now on.

Site Supporter
    I'm going to be the contrarian here. I got my low ones last week and wore them for a class today at KRTraining. They were just okay, and nowhere near as comfortable as my trailrunning shoes for an all-day class where you're on your feet almost the whole time. They're fine for daily wear though.

Odd question - how stiff are the soles?
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    Odd question - how stiff are the soles?
    They’re not too stiff. I think the issue for me is that they’re not padded like trail shoes and the insole is relatively thin. New insoles might make a difference.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Urban vs. Maritime - Insole - the Maritime has a poly insole that won't absorb water making it "quick drying/waterproof". The Urban has a more traditional insole. For what its worth, I have not tried the Urbans out in person. I can only tell you the Maritime has a removable insole. However, if you contact Altama CS they usually respond quickly.
    Are these actually waterproof? Or just quick-draining and quick-drying?

It seems like the drain ports and such would allow your feet and socks to get wet while doing decidedly non-tactical things like, "walking around in a place where it rains a lot".

User Tag List