Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's Going to 12 Labors?

Site Supporter
    I have no idea of your interests, so I will throw out some things. On 6th and Lamar there is a great independent bookstore - Book People. Across the street is the Whole Foods mothership if that kind of food is your thing. Up Lamar near 51 street if you still have nerd like interests, Austin Book and Comics is an awesome syfy book store. Also on Lamar, there is McBride's, it is a good ol boy gun store and also has an attached coin store. Mildly interesting, a touch pompous. Continuing on Lamar there is a Central Market flagship for more fancy food. Very good cheese selection. My interests are in fine cheeses (how professorial) and Antonellis on Duval and 43 rd has a national reputation for such.

GT Distributors on Brockton's is a cop shop but the public is welcome and had very nice prices on magazines for standard guns and equipment. Restaurant scene - we used to do McCormick's for seafood but they went down hill. A couple of well known Japanese places - Uchi and Uchiko.

There quite a few Mom and Pop Asian places around - Yelp is your best bet for that. BBQ - been out of that for a bit but I liked Terry Black’s Barbecue on Barton Springs. The Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood - a small drive. Texas Roadhouse is near The Range and does a decent inexpensive steak.

Thanks for then interest in 12 Labors guys and gals. Basically this is a training and lifestyle conference that's three days long and is the brain child of myself and Jeff Gonzales. It's the first weekend of December in Austin, Tx.

The name obviously comes from the 12 Labors of Hercules and our idea is to bring everything you'd want to do better as a man under one roof. Fighting, shooting, food, craft cocktails, fine menswear. finance, relationship advice.....all of it. We'll have notable training industry folks there doing typical training stuff; me, Cecil, Larry, Chris...the Collective will be there in full force. That being said we have a lot of other stuff too. Gabe White will be doing a class not only on Gabe White bad-ass shooting shit but he will also be premiering his EDM musical skills. You'll get to see a side of him that so far hasn't really been seen.

Other notables:

Dr. Sebastian Pritchard of Bastiat Capital will be doing a great class on financial planning for the average guy. Dr. Pritchard is a former Naval officer and BUD/s graduate who has a Ph.D in Decision Science from Oxford University and runs a small boutique hedge fund that received an 80% return in '08. His expertise runs the gamut from evolutionary psychology to game theory.

Dr. Lauren Pugliese will be doing a class on "Polarity" and what makes men attractive to women and women attractive to men. She'll present a hybrid approach to the works of Esther Perel, Brene' Brown. the Gottmans, and David Deida. Lauren does an exceptional job of hacking all of this information into actionable chunks for dudes.

Austin Sumerall of the White Pillars in Biloxi, MS. will be butchering a hog and teaching you the technical elements of fine dining.

Justin Gehrmann will be doing a class on pre prohibition cocktails and the global cocktail revival.

George Bass, one of the most notable figures in the #menswear movement over the past twenty years will be doing a class on putting together a men's wardrobe.

London Scalise from Ledbury will be doing a small trunk show for jackets and dress shirts and teaching you about fit.

John Wellborn the creator of Crossfit Football will be doing a module on programming and strength.

Robb Wolfe will be doing a class on the current state of performance diet.

So.....a lot. if you want to have a conversation about food, booze. clothes, money, relationships, fighting, fitness, cigars, women, kids, parents, trauma, shooting, music, psychedelics, whatever.....we can have it at 12L and you can talk to other people about this stuff.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post

That's a whole topic unto itself.
    Name:  B571F62F-222F-4342-9F5D-16C314837C65.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  82.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Thanks for then interest in 12 Labors guys and gals. Basically this is a training and lifestyle conference that's three days long and is the brain child of myself and Jeff Gonzales. It's the first weekend of December in Austin, Tx.

The name obviously comes from the 12 Labors of Hercules and our idea is to bring everything you'd want to do better as a man under one roof. Fighting, shooting, food, craft cocktails, fine menswear. finance, relationship advice.....all of it. We'll have notable training industry folks there doing typical training stuff; me, Cecil, Larry, Chris...the Collective will be there in full force. That being said we have a lot of other stuff too. Gabe White will be doing a class not only on Gabe White bad-ass shooting shit but he will also be premiering his EDM musical skills. You'll get to see a side of him that so far hasn't really been seen.

Other notables:

Dr. Sebastian Pritchard of Bastiat Capital will be doing a great class on financial planning for the average guy. Dr. Pritchard is a former Naval officer and BUD/s graduate who has a Ph.D in Decision Science from Oxford University and runs a small boutique hedge fund that received an 80% return in '08. His expertise runs the gamut from evolutionary psychology to game theory.

Dr. Lauren Pugliese will be doing a class on "Polarity" and what makes men attractive to women and women attractive to men. She'll present a hybrid approach to the works of Esther Perel, Brene' Brown. the Gottmans, and David Deida. Lauren does an exceptional job of hacking all of this information into actionable chunks for dudes.

Austin Sumerall of the White Pillars in Biloxi, MS. will be butchering a hog and teaching you the technical elements of fine dining.

Justin Gehrmann will be doing a class on pre prohibition cocktails and the global cocktail revival.

George Bass, one of the most notable figures in the #menswear movement over the past twenty years will be doing a class on putting together a men's wardrobe.

London Scalise from Ledbury will be doing a small trunk show for jackets and dress shirts and teaching you about fit.

John Wellborn the creator of Crossfit Football will be doing a module on programming and strength.

Robb Wolfe will be doing a class on the current state of performance diet.

So.....a lot. if you want to have a conversation about food, booze. clothes, money, relationships, fighting, fitness, cigars, women, kids, parents, trauma, shooting, music, psychedelics, whatever.....we can have it at 12L and you can talk to other people about this stuff.
    Thanks for the update! Am I right to presume a general gear list and ammo count will also be upcoming on the website?
    TIA

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Hotel space at the Marriott sounds like it's booking up.

I just need a flight now. Guess I better book while the rules are keeping most Canadians off planes...should make everything cheaper.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Oh hey @SouthNarc what's the rough format looking like here, anyway? Various modules at the range and the hotel, depending on the topic? All day Friday or more ECQC style, later Friday and through Sunday?

I see psychedelics are on the list of topics...I doubt I can bring any down, although I have lots of connections up here. But I'm down to head into outer space if someone wants to raid the evidence locker beforehand!
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.

Hotel booked. Liver in training for the event.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Student
    I am not attending, but I thought I might remind some of you guys that general admission pricing for registration will end on the 30th of this month. Don't end up having to spend an extra $100 if you don't have to.

Check your email, dudes.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

boo urns

But I completely understand the rationale. I think it's going to be a shitty fall/winter in a lot of places with delta and all, and that would have hung over the whole conference and I myself was wondering what the travel regulations were going to look like for me by then and whether it would even be feasible to travel internationally for it.

User Tag List