Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X MOS test

My wife and I shot 44 rounds of Federal 124+P HST thru the 43X today, bringing the test to 224 trouble free rounds fired. All the rounds we fired today were 124 HST.

First, I shot a group at 25 yards. Looks like the HST hits higher than then115 loads.

Name:  1AFB0DFC-D01D-465C-9E07-16239C6E5773.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  27.8 KB

I asked my wife to shoot ten rounds, barely holding onto the pistol, to see if she could induce a failure. No luck, and it really hucks the brass out there.

Then I shot a few drills with the 43X.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Kudo's on this thread. I was starting to think the RDS mounting was going to be a bridge too far on the borderline running guns.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I just ordered a Chip Wiz plate, so when I feel the urge, I can drop a 507K on to replace the Swamp Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Kudo's on this thread. I was starting to think the RDS mounting was going to be a bridge too far on the borderline running guns.
    I feel like the 43x is better designed than the g48, if they would of done a recoil spring just for the 48 it would be perfect..

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I feel like the 43x is better designed than the g48, if they would of done a recoil spring just for the 48 it would be perfect..
    I don't have enough information to have an opinion. Once I get done with the 43X, maybe I will repeat this with a 48 MOS and a direct milled Gen 5 26.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    And for me the 43x still runs flatter if I’m pushing the pace. I have it in the back of my mind that I’m going to set a single stack up with a dot. Waiting to see how GJMs test works out because I’m leaning toward the 43x.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    No luck, and it really hucks the brass out there.
    Does your dent the brass?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Not sure, will have to look. My wife and I have had elevated lead, and try not to pick up brass.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I checked this earlier today, by firing three rounds of 115 American Eagle. It hucked the cases out about 18 feet, all landing in a neat two foot area. No deformation of the cases.

Name:  FED1CF56-36B9-4B23-86F9-818A50AC02DF.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  64.9 KB

In the process, I noted significant splatter on the Swamp Fox, definitely more than I would expect from the other optics I use, considering the sun angle.

This brings me to 227 rounds in the test.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I checked this earlier today, by firing three rounds of 115 American Eagle. It hucked the cases out about 18 feet, all landing in a neat two foot area. No deformation of the cases.
    Mine is denting brass pretty decently. It hucks the brass with authority, though.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List