Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X MOS test

Glock 43X MOS test

I have had a 43X with a RMSc Shield, direct milled by Primary Machine, for coming up on two years. Other than changing the battery on the RMSc a few times, I don’t recall a single issue with the pistol. I have always carried it with 115 Gold Dot, and used OEM ten round magazines. There have been various threads suggesting that slimline Glock pistols have reliability issues, or are on the edge of having reliability issues, especially with an optic. Since I haven’t kept detailed notes on my original 43X/RMSc, I decided to take an almost new 43X MOS with a Swamp Fox optic, and test it for 2,000 rounds or when I lose interest in the project. Prior to today, I shot 50 rounds through this 43X MOS, doing a rough zero on the optic, and experienced no issues. It has had no lube or other changes, from “as it arrived from the factory condition,” besides installing the optic.

The first thing I did today was shoot ten rounds of PMC 115 ball, which is about 125 power factor in this short of a barrel, support hand only, barely gripping the pistol. No issues. I next asked my wife to repeat the same, and she experienced no issues. Interestingly, she would not have expected her Glock 34 to function with that light of ammo and that sort of grip. Here she is doing the support hand test.

Next, I shot five shots at a one inch square from seven yards. Yarded on the trigger on the first shot, and then gripped harder.

Name:  4768CCD5-F699-43D9-B041-0FBA8B89220A.jpeg
Views: 1810
Size:  89.9 KB

Then I shot a quick group at 25 yards, offhand using the PMC 115.

Name:  D3313879-4585-436E-91D4-77A666A86934.jpg
Views: 1774
Size:  26.8 KB

Then I shot some doubles at seven yards to a skunk target.

Today’s round count was 80 rounds, making a total of 130 rounds, and no issues so far.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Any reason for the change from RMSc to Swamp fox optic?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    Any reason for the change from RMSc to Swamp fox optic?
    I had one sitting unused in a box, it didn’t require a plate, and I thought I should learn something about them.

I have my original silver 43X direct milled by BattleWerx for the Swampfox Sentinel, and although not quite as scientific and thorough as GJM, it has run fine with a small variety of ball ammo and a small amount of HST 124+P. And that was with OEM ten-round mags and a first generation Shield Arms fifteen-round magazine.

Have you lost interest in the project yet?

Does the swampfox have an auto light adjust sensor? I’ve been interested in some of the new companies that have that as part of their offering like the wasp that’s on the Hellcat.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Have you lost interest in the project yet?

Does the swampfox have an auto light adjust sensor? I’ve been interested in some of the new companies that have that as part of their offering like the wasp that’s on the Hellcat.
    They offered a RMSc footprint optic in auto or manual, and I selected the auto back when I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    They offered a RMSc footprint optic in auto or manual, and I selected the auto back when I bought it.
    Would be much obliged if you could post your optics impressions later when you get more time with it as I know you have lots of experience with the RMSC and some of the Holosuns. Thanks!

Watching this thread with interest.

I have a 43x MOS, but it's been sitting in the safe until I get a TLR-7sub and compatible holster.

I have an automatic Sentinel on a 43X MOS too, but I wasn’t able to get the second mortgage needed to shoot it in yet.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I just went and pointed the Swamp Fox into an evening sun, and there is all sorts of splatter making it hard to tell what is the primary dot. Then tested the 507K and RMSc. The RMSc dot is perfect, no splatter. The 507K has splatter with the single dot, but the circle makes the sun a non factor. The Swamp Fox will continue with the test, but I wouldn't want to carry it.

User Tag List