Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43X MOS test

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Any updates to post? Curious, as I’ve been evaluating a 43x with a Holosun 507k and Shield mags.
    George has been playing with a G23.5 red dot set up and G45 .40 S&W conversion lately using the same slide, so I doubt he’s been playing with the 43x, too.

Any updates to post? Curious, as I’ve been evaluating a 43x with a Holosun 507k and Shield mags.
    We have had several G43Xs go through an estimated couple of thousand rounds I’ve watched. The Holosun with the big dot (407k) was mounted with a C&H adapter plate. I saw one failure to fire and did not find the round. I also had one operator claim a dot flickered, but it was there when checked. I’m chalking the ftf to a bad round, and the “lost dot” to operator error. As soon as I can put the bucks together, I’m going to set a 43x up with a 407k and a small Streamlight. I’ll vet it with Hornady or Gold Dot standard pressure ammo and drive on.
    The Shield mags have been a bit spotty, and we just run factory 10 rounders.

I considered putting a Streamlight on, and testing, but the overall size in a light bearing holster was so close to a G19 with a TLR-7a, that it didn't seem to make sense. Since the 43X ran with all the ammo I tested, and I felt it was reliable for my use, I wasn't motivated to keep trying different stuff, especially since I am working with the G5 23 MOS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Wondering if the testing is still going good or not? Have a 43x w/ 507k and am just starting out with it and getting used to it so am interested in this thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    As noted in other threads Glock told .gov peeps not to bother testing 43x/48 with a light attached as it would not pass their requirements.
    I just picked up a g43x mos. put 80 rounds of S&B 115 fmj thru it. Had at least 7 failures to fire. After pulling the slide back just enough to cock it, the rounds fired ok. No other problems.
    I then ran 5 rounds of 147 HST through it with no problems.
    I normally run at least 200 rounds of fmj thru a gun for "break in". Apparently many here think there is no break in period?
    Should I run some hotter range ammo thru it? Have a gunsmith look at it?
    The S&B has been 100% thru G19. G34 and others. Is there other 115 gr that might work better?
    I plan to add a 407K acss and a SCD.
    Looks like I keep it without a laser/ light or sale it. having planned on adding one when available.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by pi3 View Post
    Thoughts?
    S&B, IME, can have runs of tough primers and/or completely shit primers.

If it runs domestic stuff well I would necessarily worry about it.

I am definitely one of those that, give a mass production firearm like a Glock, a “break in” period for parts is not a thing.

Shoot it to verify POA/POI and function, not to “break it in”.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    S&B, IME, can have runs of tough primers and/or completely shit primers.

If it runs domestic stuff well I would necessarily worry about it.

I am definitely one of those that, give a mass production firearm like a Glock, a “break in” period for parts is not a thing.

Shoot it to verify POA/POI and function, not to “break it in”.

ok, so I keep shooting it for function. What ammo? Magtech? Wincheser?

I just picked up a g43x mos. put 80 rounds of S&B 115 fmj thru it. Had at least 7 failures to fire. After pulling the slide back just enough to cock it, the rounds fired ok. No other problems.
    I then ran 5 rounds of 147 HST through it with no problems.
    I normally run at least 200 rounds of fmj thru a gun for "break in". Apparently many here think there is no break in period?
    Should I run some hotter range ammo thru it? Have a gunsmith look at it?
    The S&B has been 100% thru G19. G34 and others. Is there other 115 gr that might work better?
    I plan to add a 407K acss and a SCD.
    Looks like I keep it without a laser/ light or sale it. having planned on adding one when available.
    Thoughts?
    you can pull the firing pin and clean the channel. Could have some gunk from the factory. If that doesn't work I would contact glock

Site Supporter
    ok, so I keep shooting it for function. What ammo? Magtech? Wincheser?
    Softer US primers from Speer or especially Federal.

Or change the firing pin spring or whole firing pin assembly after checking it is all clean and dry and no machining issues

Site Supporter
    I had a G43 years ago when they first came out, and did all manner of shenanigans with it including a Dueck Defense dovetail mount and RMR, and a compensator from some company in Texas that I think is now out of business. I was actually very impressed with how well it ran, even after all of my messing around. The comp actually did quite a lot to keep the gun flat, and I even used it in several USPSA matches just for fun (yes, I shot open, and I even had a set of 12 round ETSA mags with +3 taran basepads, yes even those ran well!). Once I sold that, my carry options were either a 442 or a 226, and nothing in between that extreme. I started thinking more about having a smaller 9mm semi auto that was red dot capable to carry in conjunction with a 442 in the pocket. Seeing as I was planning to carry it appendix, I decided the 43x would still conceal well and be a bit easier to shoot. I also read the other threads regarding reliability and it gave me pause, but in my personal range time with my 43x I've had good luck with reliability, and have been comfortable carrying it with 124 grain HSTs or Gold Dots. I don't know if there have been rolling production changes to address issues (how many iterations of followers has Glock made for the doublestack guns?), but whatever has been done, my personal 43x has been reliable.

User Tag List