Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday I got the one that got away

Does it have the billboard on the other side of the barrel?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Wow, great looking revolver. So want one.

Only individuals with the finest and most refined taste own half-lug 4" GP100s:

http://instagram.com/p/CEO8kEVJqzr/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

How does uckfey ouy sound to you?

pat

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

So, I’ve got a brace of Match Champions and now this guy so where does that leave me? Just curious really

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Does it have the billboard on the other side of the barrel?
    Yes.

Does anyone know if Ruger ever made a half lug 6” GP100?

I’ve got two things on my mind for down the road:

1: a 3” fixed sight GP100, stainless. This is assuming that the fixed sights on this one work for when the shooting happens. Right now they look awesome compared to the fixed K-Frame sights I’m used to, but timers and paper don’t lie. A run or two at the HiTS Revolver Super Test will settle a lot.

2: a 6” GP100. I’d take a full lug model, but if I could locate a half lug, that would be more sexy in my opinion.

Thus the question, was there ever a half lug with a 6” tube?

Ruger made a 6" adjustable sighted 357 GP100 up until 10-15 years ago. Dropped from the line due to poor sales. Both blued and stainless.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Any idea of the model number for this variant? Not that I would start looking or anything…

I’ve never noticed a fixed sight, half lug GP-100 before except for the five shot .44 Special they currently catalog.
    You could always pick up one of those used security six's at buds.

Half lug GPs are the best GPs. The fixed sight half lug versions are my favourite. I would like to see basic 4" fixed sight guns make a comeback. It is a shame that the 80s & 90s obsession with full lug barrels killed off so many great revolver options. Since revolvers have made a comeback, I have noticed more people are asking for lighter barrelled guns. I think it is time for Ruger to bring out some "standard" half lug GPs, and for S&W to give the half lug .357 L frames another chance. A medium frame revolver does not need a full underlug to be comfortable to shoot. I hate them on everything except a select few Colts. Full lug barrels can go play in traffic.

User Tag List