Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avoiding Blue on Blue shooting (also relevant to intervening citizens)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff22 View Post
    As skills instructors or field training officers, sometimes we think “I can train anybody” but the reality is, we cannot. Some people just can’t do certain things.

I couldn’t do surgery, race a Grand Prix car or land a plane on an aircraft carrier, no matter how much training I had.
    I was a SWAT FTO for my team. I can think of a couple guys who were great street cops but couldn’t do SWAT stuff even after they got a lot of extra training.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Former semi sworn drone here. My agency insisted on us wearing consistent clothing for quick identification when we were on scene which helped us stay unventilated. But I find it humorous that the basic CCW “sash” concept that was derided by so many (including me) just a few years ago has been adopted by LE to reduce BonB.
    It's not the idea of sashes themselves that were derided. Having a "CCW" sash was seen as the equivalent of CCW badges, though it was a good attempt to be identifiable without "Sheep Dogging Hard" Having a sash that says something on it other than or less instantly recognizable than "Police" is a fail regardless. Though studies have clearly shown Sashes are much more recognizable under stress than badges, including badges on neck chains, if they have agency names, acronyms or anything other than "police" the recognition rate plummets.

User Tag List