Thread: sig 365x or sig365xl

sig 365x or sig365xl

looking for opinions on the differences on these two guns. I know they are really similar but is one much more shootable than the other?

Site Supporter
    I only have a regular 365, but I've been kicking around getting one of these too. I think where I've come out is the longer slide is not an issue for belt carry, and the longer frame makes pocket carry impossible. So seems to me that if you are going to carry on a belt, assuming you don't also want the shorter frame from concealment, might as well get the XL. If you might carry in a pocket, get the X and you can always swap in a short grip for $40.

Have owned and shot both 500+ rounds. No longer have either one.

Trigger reach on the XL was slightly more (1/4”) due to the flat trigger, IIRC. I preferred to shoot the 365 curved trigger however. The XL grip fit me well, the 365 was just a bit too small.

I’ve pocket carried both in a Desantis Nemesis. I carried the XL in a Vedder Lightuck IWB.

I used the XL in one USPSA match. After I collected a dropped partially loaded mag after a Stage, I noticed the follower had barfed out of the tube. I stuffed it back in and loaded.

The FCU rocked in the frame about 0.1” on my XL. It seems that some do, and some don't’, based on this specific complaint surfacing on Sig specific forums. The FCU on our 365 was solid.

I became unenthusiastic about the Sigs and decided they did not meet my desired level of robustness, but there is no doubt Sig has applied some kind of Elvish magic to stuff that many rounds in these small guns.

ETA: For a Range toy, the XL all day long and twice on Sunday. I would also chose it for carry, if I wasn’t worried about pocket carry. But it’d have to have a TS if AIWB.
    Last edited by RJ; 06-25-2021 at 06:18 PM.

I’ve shot the 43 & 43x, as well as the 365 & 365XL…and having fairly large hands, I prefer the X/XL. There is just enough real estate for a full grip, and both are great shooters!

As of three weeks ago, my wife now owns a 43x.

The shorter slide gives more muzzle flip as you would expect. I prefer the XL slide for AIWB. Maybe 365 length slide is good for Enigma or pocket carry but I seldom do either. Sig makes it easy to try different configurations. I have a large Lego set of the P365/X/XL slides/grips... but haven't run into the need to swap to the shorter slide or grip yet.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    looking for opinions on the differences on these two guns. I know they are really similar but is one much more shootable than the other?
    I have both and prefer the long grip, short slide of the P365X for concealed carry. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ection-and-EDC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    The shorter slide gives more muzzle flip as you would expect. I prefer the XL slide for AIWB. Maybe 365 length slide is good for Enigma or pocket carry but I seldom do either. Sig makes it easy to try different configurations. I have a large Lego set of the P365/X/XL slides/grips... but haven't run into the need to swap to the shorter slide or grip yet.
    This is my conclusion as well.
    I've tried mixing and matching, but carry a Razorback XL / 407K
    in a JM 2.0 and keep the 365 for rare pocket or Enigma carry.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    This is my conclusion as well.
    I've tried mixing and matching, but carry a Razorback XL / 407K
    in a JM 2.0 and keep the 365 for rare pocket or Enigma carry.
    I have gone this way too. P365 slide / Razorback XL / 407K. I just smile every time I take it to the range.

My favorite combination for holster carry would be a curved trigger FCU, Boresight XL grip module for the traction as much as anything, an XL upper since it goes in a AIWB holster and for more velocity, and a 507/407 K carried in circle only mode.

All these higher capacity metal mags are going to be more finicky with dirt and require attention when dropped in the dirt or otherwise. They aren't going to be like a Glock shake and load. Doesn't Checkmate make the 365 and Shiekd mags? Even the MecGar Shield Plus mags take more attention than the single stack Shield mags.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List