Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes, more Glock threads

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    M&P 2.0 compact. Has 450rds on I. Had a Ftf at about round 350 yesterday
    VP9. About 900 rds on it. 4 or 5 failures in the first 100 but good since then
    Shield 1.0
    Usp45 nope lol
    J frame
    ok, we are getting somewhere.

Imaginary scenario: You have to pick something out of the safe, to meet your goals, for the rest of your life. You can only chose one of the guns, all the rest will be consumed in a colossal meteor impact from which you miraculously survive (just trying to lighten the thread. ).

Which one do you walk out of the house with? Assume you have to follow all the laws of your state as regards concealment, mag capacity, etc.

Damn dude idk. Honestly I’m not married to any. They all have low round counts aka not super proven. Maybe the VP9. I can pull off aiwb with a full sized gun. If this m&P doesn’t fail again maybe that but so far I might shoot the VP9 a little better (I shot the m&P like a 4 year old yesterday)

Damn dude idk. Honestly I’m not married to any. They all have low round counts aka not super proven. Maybe the VP9. I can pull off aiwb with a full sized gun. If this m&P doesn’t fail again maybe that but so far I might shoot the VP9 a little better (I shot the m&P like a 4 year old yesterday)
    That makes sense; I owned a VP9 and it was an awesome shooter. You can carry it AIWB? Cool. I am not a tall guy (5'6") and the grip always was a bit too long.

So, have you considered a VP9sk? You could use your current VP9 mags at the range. It's a 10 round gun. And an HK. I shot one as a rental once while my shootin' partner was casting around for gun purchase options and it was like a laser.

Local shop has both the 45 and the 19x in stock too. He’s asking high on the 19 with plastic sights at $650. $550 for a 48. Not sure on the 45/19x
    I have a couple of 45s and a 19x. I had another 19x that I sold. I prefer the 45 over the 19x.

Magazines. The 19x requires a pre-Gen 5 base pad. I can run any generation mag in the 45.

Slide finish. Although I lean to black guns anyhow, the finish on the 19X slide is going to be less durable then the 45.

Other points to your previous questions:

Note: I’m quicker than most (and slower than many) in most drills and shooting sports taking position transitions out of the equation.

I cannot shoot a 48 as quick as I can a 19. The 19 is slower than a full size grip 45/17/34. My 43x competes in the same division as my 26. My 26, running Glock + extensions is considerably faster overall. With time + penalty competitions. A 26 with no extension does not work for me. I need 19 length grip at a minimum or times suffer.

I comfortable conceal a full size gun AIWB. 5” M&P, Wilson EDC, Glock 34. In cases where I might have to change attire, I can go to a 365 XL or 48 and feel comfortable with my abilities. But, there no doubt that I’m spotting an aggressor over my carrying a full-size gun.

I can shoot an iron sight 17 or 34 slightly quicker than the shorter 45. There is not much difference in length and it may be mind games, but it has been repeatable back to back.

With an optic, I can shoot the 45 slightly faster than my 34 on the same course of fire. The plate rack is about the same but the target transitions on the other courses are a bit faster. Again, it may be in my head, but the transition times show it. The wider the transition, the more apparent. I need to try timing it with my 17 MOS one of these days.

Some say sight radius is not a factory. For some reason it is for me. The 48 vs 43x shows it as well.

I’ve ran a bunch of 10rd G17 magazines without issues. I bought several for the right price and ran them through at least 12 matches. They were pre gen 5 as they had black followers. They were hard to load but ran. They were difficult to seat against a closed chamber, but they ran. I have since set them on the shelf in case needed later and now use 17rd magazines to make it easier to load. I have a couple of 10rd 19 magazines, but no real experience.

I was one of the early voices for a single stack 19, starting to write occasional letters to Glock USA as far back as 1992 or so and even a few to a Glock GMBH in German back around then courtesy of my late wife. (I’m probably still considered to be a crank by them.)

So, much to my dismay, I found that when we finally got as close as we were ever likely to see to a slimline 19 - a 48 - I found I didn’t like it very much. The grip is uncomfortable for me, almost painful - especially in how the heel digs into my palm, and for a ten round capacity pistol I much, much prefer my 26.5. It’s funny how things work out sometimes.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Has anyone here had issues with g19 oem 10rd mags themselves?
    I have. But it’s going back to the AWB era, so 1995-1996 when I started buying Gen 3 G19’s and they shipped with the 10 rd magazines. The issue was: with a slide locked open and only one round in the magazine, If I were to load and attempt to chamber that magazine with one round, the round would dip down and the nose of the bullet would catch on the bottom of the feed ramp. Those magazines had a weird follower. When I replaced the 10 rd followers with #3 marked followers meant for OEM 15 rd magazines, the problem went away.

As for you needing to move the thumb of the shooing hand onto the thumb of the support hand to shoot your G48 w/o bloodshed, I wouldn’t read too much into that. I learned years ago I needed to do the same thing with my grip to prevent my riding the slide stop and therefore preventing the slide to lock back on an empty magazine. I have large hands with long fingers. Sometimes they get in the way…

The G43x/48 might be your best option. But the G26 is still worth taking a hard look at also.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    That makes sense; I owned a VP9 and it was an awesome shooter. You can carry it AIWB? Cool. I am not a tall guy (5'6") and the grip always was a bit too long.

So, have you considered a VP9sk? You could use your current VP9 mags at the range. It's a 10 round gun. And an HK. I shot one as a rental once while my shootin' partner was casting around for gun purchase options and it was like a laser.
    For some reason I fight against the vp9sk. Maybe the single action like trigger. But mostly because I was working on the idea of returning to what is the most known platform to me with classes and reps and thousands of rounds. Maybe over thinking.

For some reason I fight against the vp9sk. Maybe the single action like trigger. But mostly because I was working on the idea of returning to what is the most known platform to me with classes and reps and thousands of rounds. Maybe over thinking.
    Mmk.

My assessment after reading your first post, as well as the answers is you should sell everything but the M&P Compact 2.0, then use the funds to finance a few classes and several cases of ammo.

After you get through that, you can be in a better position to decide what you want to change, if anything.

Edit: Keel the J frame. Errbody needs a snubby.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Want 9mm + Lots of time with G19 + Ban state + Hands that are bitten by G48 = G26 or G19 with foresight solutions grip chop.

G45 is a great shooter INMHO, but a no-go because of the poor reliability of Glock ban state mags.

This!

If I were in your shoes I would just do a chopped 19mos to accept 26 mags. It will carry well and have common parts between your other g19s(if the same gen)

I don’t have any interest in the small Glocks because I can conceal full-size Glocks and prefer full sized guns.

A battery of gen 5 g19s MOS and a g45 would satisfy anything you could really want. You can swap slides to suit your needs. Simple and it would just work.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Mmk.

My assessment after reading your first post, as well as the answers is you should sell everything but the M&P Compact 2.0, then use the funds to finance a few classes and several cases of ammo.

After you get through that, you can be in a better position to decide what you want to change, if anything.

Edit: Keel the J frame. Errbody needs a snubby.
    Yeah, he should keep the Shield and/or the Jframe. In fact, were this me, I would keep the Jframe and sell everything else. Get a G26 and 19x/45/34, SCDs, holsters, and be done with it. G26 and 19x/45 carry very nicely in G19 holsters, and can share all the full-length magazines.

User Tag List