Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking a chance on a Stoeger M3000 Freedom Series Defense Shotgun - opinions?

Taking a chance on a Stoeger M3000 Freedom Series Defense Shotgun - opinions?

Continuing my search for a decent inexpensive home defense semi-auto shot gun. The Black Aces turned out to be a bust.

This time I ordered a Stoeger M3000 #31890FS I'm hoping this will be a lot better rig.

Anybody own one/use one? Good experiences? Advice?

Name:  m3000-fs-standardstock.jpg
Views: 4609
Size:  14.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Continuing my search for a decent inexpensive home defense semi-auto shot gun. The Black Aces turned out to be a bust.

This time I ordered a Stoeger M3000 #31890FS I'm hoping this will be a lot better rig.

Anybody own one/use one? Good experiences? Advice?

Name:  m3000-fs-standardstock.jpg
Views: 4609
Size:  14.6 KB
    Following for interest.

These have come up in past discussions here as a generally reliable alternative. Stoeger is owned by Benelli, which in turn is owned by Beretta. That may mean that parts are semi-obtanium.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I’ve had a Stoeger M3K for several years, it’s not a Benelli or Beretta (though it shares parts with the Benelli) but fed good ammo it’s been better than a lot of other semiauto shotguns I’ve seen.
    MOA Precision offers an adapter to use a Magpul Mossberg stock that is a good upgrade along with other parts

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Following for interest.

These have come up in past discussions here as a generally reliable alternative. Stoeger is owned by Benelli, which in turn is owned by Beretta. That may mean that parts are semi-obtanium.
    The fact that Stoeger is owned by Benelli and that they are of similar design helped me decide to try one.

@TCinVA spoke well of them. I’ve got my eye on the same model you just got.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    I’ve had a Stoeger M3K for several years, it’s not a Benelli or Beretta (though it shares parts with the Benelli) but fed good ammo it’s been better than a lot of other semiauto shotguns I’ve seen.
    MOA Precision offers an adapter to use a Magpul Mossberg stock that is a good upgrade along with other parts
    I saw somewhere that the Stoeger uses the same bolt as the Benelli?

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    @TCinVA spoke well of them. I’ve got my eye on the same model you just got.
    I saw that too. I only found two places online that had any in stock. Had to pay full retail which is $619. Did get free shipping so that helps.

I wonder if these cycle Federal 132LE00 and other low recoil buckshot. I just bought some so I hope so.

I don't have any experience with the defensive ones but have been hunting with an M3500 for two seasons and it has held up well in all kinds of wet and muddy conditions. It cycles everything from 2 3/4 target to 3.5 goose loads just fine, although I did have issues with light loads out of the box. One of the only guns in my experience that truly needs a break in of full power loads. I would definitely recommend them.

How much are you saving over a 1301?

User Tag List