Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking a chance on a Stoeger M3000 Freedom Series Defense Shotgun - opinions?

Shot 20 heavy buckshot loads through it w no issues. I know one thing that’s getting changed - the recoil pad. The stock one is hard as a rock. No give whatsoever. Limbsaver ordered.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Yep the limbsaver really helped on mine! What else are you going to do to yours?

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    Yep the limbsaver really helped on mine! What else are you going to do to yours?
    So far I’m gonna chop the stock down and add the limbsaver. Got an MOA spring on the way. Still trying to find a mag clamp, though.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Oh yeah, I’m gonna add a Noveske flush for QD cup to the stock.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    So far I’m gonna chop the stock down and add the limbsaver. Got an MOA spring on the way. Still trying to find a mag clamp, though.
    Let me know how your stock chop works out. I might shorten mine a bit. too Your turn to be Guinee Pig! LOL

Let me know how your stock chop works out. I might shorten mine a bit. too Your turn to be Guinee Pig! LOL
    The limbsaver came in today so I’ll try to fulfill my Guinea pig role this weekend. 🤣
    Formerly known as xpd54.

No use waiting until the weekend when the wife goes to bed early. If you decide to chop yours down, make sure you buy the limbsaver pad specifically designed for custom fit. I bought one of the pre-fit pads and trimmed it down. I think it would have been cleaner if I had used the other pad. But I’m a function over beauty type guy anyway. Went from over 14.5” LOP to right at 13”.

Name:  5E8C2EE6-A10B-402F-8D32-7BD6851F2681.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  41.8 KB
    Name:  326A3BED-9F5D-43B9-B934-8A8A81DC71DD.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  41.8 KB
    Name:  DC56B643-DF9C-43F4-BC39-92A70E9B7FC6.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  33.8 KB
    Name:  F996658E-1864-40E8-8FCC-C053E705C5CE.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  32.7 KB
    Name:  391C6BEC-C1A7-4500-868E-85C4637ABF3F.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  61.9 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    No use waiting until the weekend when the wife goes to bed early. If you decide to chop yours down, make sure you buy the limbsaver pad specifically designed for custom fit. I bought one of the pre-fit pads and trimmed it down. I think it would have been cleaner if I had used the other pad. But I’m a function over beauty type guy anyway. Went from over 14.5” LOP to right at 13”.
    Lookin' good!

Lon, was the prefit pad you bought sized for the M3000?

Lon, was the prefit pad you bought sized for the M3000?
    Yep.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List