Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Taking a chance on a Stoeger M3000 Freedom Series Defense Shotgun - opinions?

Any updates from our current owners?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

So I did a thing last weekend...

On my way home from the indoor range I stopped by another LGS. The week before I'd noticed a pistol grip M3K listed in the "used" section of their website. When I looked a few days later it wasn't listed so I figured it had already sold. Well, it hadn't. Despite the ridiculously long LOP I was intrigued. I was told it had been traded in by one of their RSOs who'd had some non-specific "upgrades" done on it. The price was right so I bought the shotgun, not the story. That night I ordered the S&J Hardware stock adapter (MOA was OOS) and an SGA stock. Got a few minutes this afternoon and did the swap:

Name:  IMG_1181 (2).jpg
Views: 610
Size:  51.0 KB

What do we like for red dots on shotguns, RMR-style or tube style? Or is it just personal preference?

The indoor range I belong to only allows slugs so I'll have to check if the other range will let me use buckshot or bird shot just so I can get a feel for it. If they don't, I'll have to make the haul to the outdoor range eventually™.

Excuse me, may I have a few moments of your time tell you about the Gospel of the Gauge?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I own the plain barrel bead sight M3000. Function has been flawless. Mine works with low recoil Federal buck. It has brutal recoil with regular ammo. Unlike Benelli's having the action spring in the stock, these shotguns have a spring around the mag tube. This spring operates action bars which contribute to fierce recoil when slammed to the rear.

User Tag List