Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking a chance on a Stoeger M3000 Freedom Series Defense Shotgun - opinions?

Inertia Driven...how it works

Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Anyone in the DFW area want one? FTF deal on a pistol grip version for $550 here:https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipmen...W/162-2203466/

I have no knowledge or affiliation w the seller. Just seemed like a good deal.
    I handled one of these today in a local shop. Is it the same as the Freedom Series the OP has, just with a pistol grip? If so, I suppose it would take the same stock adapter to run a Magpul SGA?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I handled one of these today in a local shop. Is it the same as the Freedom Series the OP has, just with a pistol grip? If so, I suppose it would take the same stock adapter to run a Magpul SGA?
    Yes. Same gun, just different stock.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Thanks, that's good to know!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    I bought the 3000 18 inch plain barrel model and followed factory directions to run heavy recoiling rounds through it to break in the weapon. I allowed my 14 year old young friend to shoot it at my expense, and he had fun burning up ammo. Now the shotgun shows reliable function with Federal low recoil buckshot. Recoil is brutal with regular buckshot. 3 inch magnum buckshot is terrible indeed. I'm sorry to report that felt recoil in this weapon is greater than it would be in an 870 of the same weight. I attribute this anomaly to the action mechanism located in front of the weapon slamming rearward. In the Benelli this mechanism has less mass and is located in the butt stock.

KYGUNCO has these back in stock. The quote I got was $541 w free shipping.

https://www.kygunco.com/product/stoe...freedom-series
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    KYGUNCO has these back in stock. The quote I got was $541 w free shipping.

https://www.kygunco.com/product/stoe...freedom-series

I paid $629 for mine back in January of 2021 so it seems like you got a good price!

Added the MOA Precision adapter and a Magpul SGA. 12.5” LOP.

Name:  DFC97131-8A3F-4B36-ACEA-E5162AFE9B0D.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  51.2 KB

Name:  182D5664-92EE-4742-9884-3AEF99463437.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  43.8 KB

All I need to do is get a remote switch for one of my flashlights and I’ll be done with this project.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Interesting data point regarding the SGA/Limbsaver pad combo on this - it ran fine w slugs and heavy dram target loads, but had issues w FFC 8 pellet. It would eject the fired shell, but would not reliably chamber the next. The bolt didn’t go back enough to grab the next one and it was just sitting on the lifter. Im going to put the factory spring back in it and see if that fixes things. This has the MOA reduced power spring installed.

This wasn’t just w me. I had another shooter run it as well. Same result.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

One for sale for $425 on AR15.com. I have no connection to owner/seller.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipmen...e/162-2254719/
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List