Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 42 carry

Site Supporter
    I agree that the LCP is more snappy. I had one and sold it and used part of the dough for the G42. I read Greg Ellifritz saying he thought the LCP is unpleasant.

The 42 recoil doesn't bother me, certainly better than a 642 with some standard defensive ammo.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    For those of you who have a G42, how does the recoil compare to other guns? For example, how does it compare to something like a Ruger LCP or a Kel-Tec P-32? (I specifically asked about the .32 rather than the .380 Kel-Tec because I am thinking about possible choices for individuals with hand or wrist issues.) Is there something else to which you would say it is reasonably comparable?
    P32 is okay for shooting. Not terribly accurate, has some trigger slap. But little else that is a real gun can compare for size and weight. G42 is easier to shoot, and more accurate, more to hold onto, while still being very comfortable to shoot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    P32 is okay for shooting. Not terribly accurate, has some trigger slap. But little else that is a real gun can compare for size and weight. G42 is easier to shoot, and more accurate, more to hold onto, while still being very comfortable to shoot.
    Thank you for your comments. I do own a P-32. Which would you say has less recoil?

Site Supporter
    Can you pocket carry a G42 in a jeans pocket? Plain, ol' cheap Old Navy jeans? I had an LCP and could carry it fine, it looked like a cell phone in my jeans. Will the right holster do the same for the G42?
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Thank you for your comments. I do own a P-32. Which would you say has less recoil?
    Haven’t shot the P32 in a while. If I get a chance, I’ll run out and pop a few rounds through both this weekend and update.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Can you pocket carry a G42 in a jeans pocket? Plain, ol' cheap Old Navy jeans? I had an LCP and could carry it fine, it looked like a cell phone in my jeans. Will the right holster do the same for the G42?
    Yes, I can pocket carry the G42 without it looking odd.

Site Supporter
    Haven’t shot the P32 in a while. If I get a chance, I’ll run out and pop a few rounds through both this weekend and update.

Thank you! Knowing where the G42 fits between the P-32 and LCP in terms of recoil would be really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I do, in one of those rubbery Desantis pocket holsters.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thank you. I may need to go by my local gun store and see if they have a Blue Label G42.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Same.

Site Supporter
    Blue Label Pricing strikes again:

Now to order a Desantis Super Fly.
    --Jason--

User Tag List