Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Massachusetts State Police Upgrades to Smith & Wesson M&P[emoji2400] M2.0 as Official

Massachusetts State Police Upgrades to Smith & Wesson M&P[emoji2400] M2.0 as Official

We don't see much traffic on the M&P. At least not compared to the P320 or various Glocks.

Massachusetts State Police Upgrades to Smith & Wesson[emoji2400]
    M&P[emoji2400] M2.0[emoji769] as Official Duty Pistol

SPRINGFIELD, Mass., (June 24, 2021) – Smith & Wesson Inc. announced today that the Massachusetts State Police has transitioned to the Smith & Wesson M&P45 M2.0 as its official duty pistol. Previously, the agency’s primary duty pistol was Smith & Wesson’s first generation M&P45 pistol. Smith & Wesson will be providing over 2,500 pistols as part of this upgrade, each featuring the agency’s official shield lasered onto the top of the slide.

Matthew Fehmel, Senior Director, Global Professional and International Sales, said, “We are honored and privileged to have been selected as the new sidearm of the Massachusetts State Police. The new M&P M2.0, with its aggressive texturing and tactile trigger reset, provides our home state law enforcement with the ultimate in reliability and dependability. This upgrade to the M&P45 M2.0 should carry the Massachusetts State Police through many years of service.”

The M&P M2.0 comes with four interchangeable palmswell grip inserts and a light, crisp M2.0 trigger with an audible reset. The pistol features a molded polymer frame designed for comfort and durability, as well as the optimal M&P pistol 18-degree grip angle for a natural point of aim. Chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 Auto, the M&P M2.0 pistol is available in full size, compact, and subcompact variants.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

NH SP did the same thing. Interesting that they both stuck with 45acp.

Hammertime
    What were they using previously?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    NH SP did the same thing. Interesting that they both stuck with 45acp.
    There are quite a few M&P 45s out there in discerning places. DOE Operation Secure Transport (OST) uses it as their duty pistol and are very happy with it plus their armoring group are excellent at keeping them up and running. It's also a fairly common LAPD service pistol.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    What were they using previously?
    MSP and NHSP both had Gen 1 M&P45 (4inch barrels). Both MSP & NHSP were issued Sigs (P226 40 cal DAK & P220 45acp) and reported issues that Sig couldn't / wouldn't fix so they both went to S&W M&P, this was years ago, 2011 for MSP, not sure when NHSP went to M&P originally.

Site Supporter
    DOE Operation Secure Transport (OST)-Many trainers for that outfit had or have a Gunsite connection. Ergo the affinity for .45 ACP?

You could fix up a brace of M&P .45s with Apex Goodness for not much more than a SA Long Beach Operator and certainly less than many Dan Wesson's.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I don't carry it nowadays for a couple reasons but I have a Gen 1 M&P 45 Compact that's a solid handgun. G19 size with Government Model ammunition capacity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Years ago, a fellow troop had an M&P45 he'd dropped an Apex kit into. That was an awfully sweet shooting pistol.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    MSP and NHSP both had Gen 1 M&P45 (4inch barrels). Both MSP & NHSP were issued Sigs (P226 40 cal DAK & P220 45acp) and reported issues that Sig couldn't / wouldn't fix so they both went to S&W M&P, this was years ago, 2011 for MSP, not sure when NHSP went to M&P originally.
    The NHSP issues with the P220 were due to Sig struggling to implement NHSP’s requirement of a magazine disconnect (legacy training program from their prior 4566). I believe they went from 220 to MP45/ 4.5” around 2006-7, and have gone through multiple replacement/generations since (around 2012 with a new batch of 1.0, then 2.0 around 2018 or so). Rumor is they are finally dropping their mag disconnect safety requirements and likely transitioning to P320/9mm rather soon.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

I’m pretty sure the magazine disconnect was dropped in the 2.0 line

User Tag List