Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Massachusetts State Police Upgrades to Smith & Wesson M&P[emoji2400] M2.0 as Official

At one time Raleigh PD in NC carried the M&P 45.

My Apexed first gen 45c is likely the only M&P I’ll keep - I’m rather fond of it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    At one time Raleigh PD in NC carried the M&P 45.
    They just transitioned to the 9mm Sig 320.

Appreciate the update amp

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I don't carry it nowadays for a couple reasons but I have a Gen 1 M&P 45 Compact that's a solid handgun. G19 size with Government Model ammunition capacity.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I am still aggrieved that they discontinued the 2.0 sub compact .45 M&P.

And the 1.0s are impossible to find as well.

Site Supporter
    I thought the 45ACP was obsolete?

Site Supporter
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

Site Supporter
    I have always felt the M&P 45s were the best of the bunch. I have several gen 1 compacts and a mid size, all solid performers.
    Polite Professional

The M&P, especially the 1.0 in .40/.45 and the 2.0 in 9mm, are the pistols I shoot and suddenly feel a strong need to buy. They’ve always been impressive,

Then I remember the cumulative mortgage payments I have spent on Glock stuff... I may have to finally get a M&P .40 and 9mm CORE.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    The NHSP issues with the P220 were due to Sig struggling to implement NHSP’s requirement of a magazine disconnect (legacy training program from their prior 4566). I believe they went from 220 to MP45/ 4.5” around 2006-7, and have gone through multiple replacement/generations since (around 2012 with a new batch of 1.0, then 2.0 around 2018 or so). Rumor is they are finally dropping their mag disconnect safety requirements and likely transitioning to P320/9mm rather soon.
    Can anyone think of an agency that mandated a design change in a firearm that didn't result in things going pear-shaped for both the agency and the manufacturer? While I'm sure it has happened occasionally, these mandates never seem to result in a quality firearm. It would seem that selecting a different gun or changing training doctrine is more likely to have a successful outcome.

User Tag List