Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me off the ledge, please (P320/P365/Glock content)

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    I dry fired a Walther PDP yesterday- the trigger pull is ... well ... phenomenal. Nice grip as well. 18 round magazine for the full size frame. 5” barrel or 4.5” or 4”. I am going to buy one. I shoot my PPQ 9mm very well. The PDP has a nicer trigger pull.

Please dry fire (or shoot) a PDP before going all in on the P320. I am carrying the PPSm2 for serious social work. I am hoping Walther produces an updated version in the future- one with a staggered magazine and the PDP trigger system
    The PPSM2 has been my favorite single stack 9mm. Hands down. If I could have convinced my chief to allow me to carry a PPQ on duty last year instead of a Glock I would have been thrilled and would have kept my PPSM2/Shield RMSc. And that was before the PDP came out. But it went bye bye when I went all in on Glocks. One day when I’m Chief 🤣 I’ll add Walthers to the list of approved pistols. I see Walther going places in the LE world. They’re listening to shooters.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    I guess I'm in the "been there, thinking about undoing that" camp. I'm a lifelong Glock guy, but Sig did something pretty cool with the P365XL and Glock has not really come up with a good answer. My mainstay has been a G19. Tried the G43 and it was too small for me and not Glock-reliable. Tried G43x/48 but found they are not significantly easier to hide than my G19. I have zero regrets replacing my G48 with a P365XL. I shoot the smaller, higher capacity gun better than the G48. Only downside has been mag rust.

For me I just couldn’t shoot the 43X or 48 all that well. I believe the thinner grip of them to be the primary factor for myself. The P365 with the X grip is probably the smallest gun I can actually do good shooting with. Sig managed to nail it in that size configuration, I will credit them that.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    For me I just couldn’t shoot the 43X or 48 all that well. I believe the thinner grip of them to be the primary factor for myself. The P365 with the X grip is probably the smallest gun I can actually do good shooting with. Sig managed to nail it in that size configuration, I will credit them that.
    365XL grip with Razorback mod for me.

If I had unlimited access to a CNC machine, I'd engineer my own custom FCU designed to make heads explode. Tool steel, nitrided internals. LEM trigger. SCD. Removable ejector that uses Glock ejectors.

In all seriousness, the P320 platform is a poison pill that always has one thing or another wrong with it. Great concept, poor execution. Most people seem to get along "fine" with them but, I just can't reconcile the fact that I'd have the constant thought in the back of my mind, "Is today the day I'm going to shoot myself in the dick???" I just hope a more mature company can run with the concept and show us the way for the future.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I think part of the challenge is your all in, light switch transition expectation. It just seems forced, like you are making a vow of Monogamy to your gun safe . Hit the pause button and ask yourself again in a year.

I evolved away from Glocks but it was not something I decided, it was something that happened. I had moved on to shoot something else (M&Ps) and they were sitting in the safe (along with some other stuff), then one day I decided I wanted to spend several thousand dollars on a Beretta 686 and a Dillon loader for it, and realized I had thousands of dollars worth of stuff parked in the safe. But I didn't just dump them, if I didn't need to generate cash for something else I would still have them.
    I probably didn’t make clear that I would make a gradual transition and then be all in with one or the other at the end of the process - that’s what I was trying to indicate. The big issue with that is the relative unavailability of ammunition to make the transition more than a hope and a prayer.

I’m starting to think a hybrid approach may be best. The X5 Legion I have now as a range toy and a P365 as a compact carry candidate. If the P365 works out, look at an XL for a larger belt gun.

I plan on doing a class at the academy later in the summer, maybe a P365 will follow me home with the student discount.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I probably didn’t make clear that I would make a gradual transition and then be all in with one or the other at the end of the process - that’s what I was trying to indicate. The big issue with that is the relative unavailability of ammunition to make the transition more than a hope and a prayer.

I’m starting to think a hybrid approach may be best. The X5 Legion I have now as a range toy and a P365 as a compact carry candidate. If the P365 works out, look at an XL for a larger belt gun.

I plan on doing a class at the academy later in the summer, maybe a P365 will follow me home with the student discount.
    I think that is the best approach. There are a lot of little details that are easy to forget once you've put all the work into smoothing them out.

The 365 offers enough to make that worth it. I don't know if the others do.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post

An XL grip module for the 365 is only 35 bucks and you can swap grips with one pin.

I personally put my 365 slide on an XL grip and don’t find a need for an XL slide (even though I have them).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    The PPSM2 has been my favorite single stack 9mm. Hands down. If I could have convinced my chief to allow me to carry a PPQ on duty last year instead of a Glock I would have been thrilled and would have kept my PPSM2/Shield RMSc. And that was before the PDP came out. But it went bye bye when I went all in on Glocks. One day when I’m Chief 🤣 I’ll add Walthers to the list of approved pistols. I see Walther going places in the LE world. They’re listening to shooters.
    I think not all LE personal know about the PPQ / PDP / PPSm2 guns. I am issued a G22 gen 3 and have to carry it. Given a choice, I would carry a PDP.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    I think not all LE personal know about the PPQ / PDP / PPSm2 guns. I am issued a G22 gen 3 and have to carry it. Given a choice, I would carry a PDP.
    Agreed. Walther did an armorers class at this years OTOA CONFERENCE a couple weeks ago. Hopefully they will continue to make inroads into the LE market. Wish Walther and CZ became big enough in the LE world to give Glock and Sig and Smith a run for their money.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Agreed. Walther did an armorers class at this years OTOA CONFERENCE a couple weeks ago. Hopefully they will continue to make inroads into the LE market. Wish Walther and CZ became big enough in the LE world to give Glock and Sig and Smith a run for their money.
    It would be awesome if Walther and CZ became a strong contender in the LE market.

User Tag List