Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me off the ledge, please (P320/P365/Glock content)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I are an analyst. If this ever happens, it would be after a long period of side by side shooting. I’m not about to dump the Glocks and replace them.
    Then with that answer, I’d respond that you aren’t nuts for considering a change.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    @JCN, that's interesting what you say about grip angle. In my hands the Shadow2 and P-07/09 feel more similar to a Glock than a Sig. I can go back and forth between Glock and CZ with no index issues. p320 grip angles are more 1911-like to me, and that feels weird because I'm not used to it. I have never handled the 365XL. Is the grip angle different from the 320?
    I wonder if that is somewhat affected by our irons versus dots outfitting?

Even though it wouldn’t seem to matter, to me it seems to. With a large tall window, I am holding a gun lower than I would with irons in relation to my dominant eye (which seems to change my angle of presentation).

I have also found that a large dot window helps correct grip angle differences with less mental adjustment than irons.

I was surprised when the P938 SAS pointed so automatically for me too.

The P320 is a single action only pistol with no manual safety (generally). That's why the trigger is "so nice." Is that what you really want to carry on a daily basis? The P365 is a neat little gun, but, actually too small in my hands. The P365 FEELS great, but again the grip is SO small I really can't get any of my support hand onto it.

I'm always looking for something to replace the G19 that I dislike everything about, but continues to be the best compromise of reliability, accuracy, size efficiency, and ease of maintenance. The P320 ain't it... For a smaller gun, I'm currently very interested in the Shield Plus - it falls between the P365 and XL in size, and 10+1 is plenty for my needs when I'm carrying an off duty or deep concealment gun.

If you want to really go down the rabbit hole - pick up a Dan Wesson 9mm 1911, shoot it, and wonder what you've been doing wasting your life with plastic guns...

You're a dumbass if you do. How's that?
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Glock makes the better service pistol, Sig makes the better subcompact. Choose accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    With a large tall window, I am holding a gun lower than I would with irons in relation to my dominant eye (which seems to change my angle of presentation)
    I agree. The difference is noticeable to me, and I don't like it. (Just not what I'm used to.)
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Am I nuts for considering a move from a pistol series that is about as simple to maintain as a factory produced zipgun to one that has a gazillion parts and a spotty history of continuous product correction?
    In my opinion, yes you are.

Given all the information available in this thread coupled with Sig’s numerous QC issues and shady practices, I couldn’t in good faith recommend the P320.

Even still, a P365X with a 507K is a pretty damn nice summer carry gun...
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    The P320 is a single action only pistol with no manual safety (generally). That's why the trigger is "so nice." Is that what you really want to carry on a daily basis? The P365 is a neat little gun, but, actually too small in my hands. The P365 FEELS great, but again the grip is SO small I really can't get any of my support hand onto it.

I'm always looking for something to replace the G19 that I dislike everything about, but continues to be the best compromise of reliability, accuracy, size efficiency, and ease of maintenance. The P320 ain't it... For a smaller gun, I'm currently very interested in the Shield Plus - it falls between the P365 and XL in size, and 10+1 is plenty for my needs when I'm carrying an off duty or deep concealment gun.

If you want to really go down the rabbit hole - pick up a Dan Wesson 9mm 1911, shoot it, and wonder what you've been doing wasting your life with plastic guns...

I looked over a Gen 5 Glock 23 yesterday. It felt great in the hand, and the trigger was nice. As nice as that trigger was, it was too nice for me. I know you’re talking about the Sig trigger, but I’ve experienced the same thing on Gen 5 Glocks.

Really wish Glock offered a quality TS. If it had a good TS, I would buy it.

Heavy, no doubt your mechanical skills, and shooting skills, are better than mine. Even with top mechanical ability, I don’t see the P320 being worth the squeeze. The Glocks work and are just so simple. Unless I shot them so much better that it made me a safer gun handler because I could put the billets exactly where I wanted them every time.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

As I mentioned, I’d only be considering manual safety versions even if they had to be built up from FCUs. And I’ve been down the 1911 hole - I was mostly 1911 from the late 70s until the early 90s, and still keep them around. I’m not comfortable with them as threat management tools anymore.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

As I mentioned, I’d only be considering manual safety versions even if they had to be built up from FCUs. And I’ve been down the 1911 hole - I was mostly 1911 from the late 70s until the early 90s, and still keep them around. I’m not comfortable with them as threat management tools anymore.
    Understand the concern about the 1911 for threat management. Only wondering what's different between a 1911 and a SAO striker with a safety? Take a look at the exploded parts diagrams on the P320, specifically the miniscule size of the striker-foot-to-sear engagement, and consider that it's a mass-produced pistol.

User Tag List