Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Talk me off the ledge, please (P320/P365/Glock content)

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Nah. I’m going to stick with Glock for defensive uses at least in the short and mid term. I’m enjoying the new P320 for target use, and I may keep an eye out for a deal on a P365 to try. But I don’t have a burning urge to start shifting.
    Okay, handing you back your beer for now. Y’all good now?

Something that brought me back to Glock and continues to keep me with Glock is the parts availability... Even during the craziness of the riots and Covid I could still get replacement parts locally.
    I can't do that even in normal times with any other manufacturer.
    I also ordered a G17.5 and a G34.5 n the middle of it all and they eventually came in as well.
    If funds allow, I would buy each of the guns you would intend to carry. Run them for a time you feel is adequate to confirm reliability and the see how things progress. If you feel they are meeting your needs..then you're good...
    I'd say keeps the Glocks even if you do carry the Sigs...

I decided to keep an eye out for a P320 manual safety FCU or a complete manual safety P320 Compact, just to give this a try. Probably a manual safety P365, too.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Killed the idea of building a P320 around a FCU, component prices and availability sucks. I’ll keep my eyes open, though - I wonder if one of the black M18s is a good starting point. The mess that is P320 optic mounting is confusing as hell, though - I would like to have the ability of mounting a Acro or RMR. GJM’s recent P320 + Acro build using an Apex plate and sight set is hugely appealing. I just don’t know how I can prequalify a P320 slide for proper milling, drilling and tapping before purchase.

What I should do is keep an eye out for a couple of compact 15 round magazines now, on the assumption I will have to either convert an M18 using a Wilson compact grip module or will need more mags for a purchased compact. Off to the classifieds I go… I believe I read here the Mecgar mags are the favorite?

To clarify, this won’t be a switch from Glock - just analysis.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 07-25-2021 at 10:55 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    Killed the idea of building a P320 around a FCU, component prices and availability sucks. I’ll keep my eyes open, though - I wonder if one of the black M18s is a good starting point. The mess that is P320 optic mounting is confusing as hell, though - I would like to have the ability of mounting a Acro or RMR. GJM’s recent P320 + Acro build using an Apex plate and sight set is hugely appealing. I just don’t know how I can prequalify a P320 slide for proper milling, drilling and tapping before purchase.

What I should do is keep an eye out for a couple of compact 15 round magazines now, on the assumption I will have to either convert an M18 using a Wilson compact grip module or will need more mags for a purchased compact. Off to the classifieds I go… I believe I read here the Mecgar mags are the favorite?

To clarify, this won’t be a switch from Glock - just analysis.
    Mecgar is believed to make the “made in Italy” SIG mags but there are no Mecgar branded 320 mags at this time.

There are some aftermarket ACT branded mags but only 17 rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Mecgar is believed to make the “made in Italy” SIG mags but there are no Mecgar branded 320 mags at this time.

There are some aftermarket ACT branded mags but only 17 rounders.
    The made in Italy ones are the ones I meant, based on comments here.
    Ken

Name:  sigp365armorkit.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  62.3 KB

It's really not scary on the other side of the ledge.

I just picked up a black M18 which was the only easy route to a compact sized optics ready gun with a manual safety. I immediately swapped out the grip module with a WC compact. Let’s see how I like this thing.
    Ken

I just picked up a black M18 which was the only easy route to a compact sized optics ready gun with a manual safety. I immediately swapped out the grip module with a WC compact. Let’s see how I like this thing.
    Frickin’ SIG. In what world does it make sense to direct mill two current production guns differently? The M18 doesn’t have the additional RMR holes that my X5 Legion has, and they were both built in June.

Name:  ECD77E45-3B69-427C-86F8-26613E4C9066.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  22.2 KBName:  ACE53E7C-FFCE-4F0D-87B2-F4A055C5422A.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  29.5 KB
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Frickin’ SIG. In what world does it make sense to direct mill two current production guns differently? The M18 doesn’t have the additional RMR holes that my X5 Legion has, and they were both built in June.

Name:  ECD77E45-3B69-427C-86F8-26613E4C9066.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  22.2 KBName:  ACE53E7C-FFCE-4F0D-87B2-F4A055C5422A.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  29.5 KB
    The commercial M17 and M18 are clones of the .MIL M17 and M18, both of which are cut for the DPP footprint as required by the MHS contract.

It's like buying a Beretta M9 and complaining that it doesn't have a rail or dovetail front sight. Most Beretta 92's have those features but those are not M9's....

PS-The RMR holes aka the PRO cut, is a happy accident that only exists because it was a requirement for the CBP contract. Nor is it a coincidence SIG's Romeo 1 Pro footprint is so similar to the DPP.

Besides the Bobro and FCD/TD M17/18 plates give you a rear sight dovetail.

User Tag List