Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Talk me off the ledge, please (P320/P365/Glock content)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Not really wanting a safety. My concern is multiple reholsters at the range. I trust the m&P with drops. Like a glocks gadget or a hammer upon holstering.
    This is one of the main reasons why I went Glock instead of M&P or APX.

Exactly. That or something tda is more comfortable in the feels department

Site Supporter
    So, I’ve got a bit out of left field recommendation - consider a less expensive option comparatively.

Try out the Timney Alpha trigger.

https://timneytriggers.com/alpha-com...or-glock-gen5/

It’s single action instead of double action and it was well reviewed by The Humble Marksman and TTI.

It pre-tensions the striker and gets it to light weights.

I figure try it with a range Glock. $150 is not a lot in light of this discussion.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    So, I’ve got a bit out of left field recommendation - consider a less expensive option comparatively.

Try out the Timney Alpha trigger.

https://timneytriggers.com/alpha-com...or-glock-gen5/

It’s single action instead of double action and it was well reviewed by The Humble Marksman and TTI.

It pre-tensions the striker and gets it to light weights.

I figure try it with a range Glock. $150 is not a lot in light of this discussion.
    Thanks, but there is no way I’d consider one of these for a defensive Glock. For a range toy, sure.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thanks, but there is no way I’d consider one of these for a defensive Glock. For a range toy, sure.
    Agreed, and perhaps I didn’t emphasize range Glock hard enough.

I feel the same way.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Agreed, and perhaps I didn’t emphasize range Glock hard enough.

I feel the same way.
    I would definitely be curious how it is in something like a 34. I missed your range comment at the end, apologies and insufficient caffeine.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I'm quite happy with normal Glocks with SCDs for carry and my carry gun is my range gun, but with the setup as done by Johnny Glock to increase the pull weight to over 4 pounds, there's really no reason a Timney would be any less safe than something like a Walther, M&P, or other single action striker design.

I'd say go for it. You can always go back if things don't meet your expectations. I wouldn't get rid of any Glocks until you are satisfied the Sigs do what you want them to. I'd get a CCW Sig with your holster of choice. Wear that combo for 2-3 months and see how it works for you. Then make your decision Sig or Glock for your CCW.

Your on the ledge.......all of us have been there. It's am emotional situation with point, counter-point arguments swirling in your head. We've all been on that ledge. That's why I said get one Sig and see how it plays out. You can always keep or sell whatever pistol you decide. Just go slow, make your decision, vet that decision and move forward from that.

I remember decades ago when S&W came out with a 6" model 66. I am a big 66 fan. I read about the addition of the 6" barrel length to the platform. Happened to be in a local police supply store......just lookin'. I inquired about the 6" model 66. He disappeared into a back room........the infamous back room. Came out with two boxes. Each with a 6" 66. My hands started sweating and my heart beat rose. It was a physical response to an emotional issue. Well, money was tight back then and I left them there. It was a hard decision, one that I have so wanted a do-over if I could ever go back in time.

Get you Sig and holster, see how it goes. At least you will have concrete experience with that platform. Hopefully it will help take some emotion out of your decision.

Site Supporter
    Speaking of quality safeties. I tried the safety on a 92x performance.

If the M&P safety was only that good. It’s what a safety should be.

A Glock 26 with a safety that good? My carry gun para siempre.

I’ll hold your beer…. Not much to lose considering the approach of starting the eval with the SIG pistol you already own. Also, having all that SIG resource right in your backyard is a huge plus. It’s really interesting that there seems to be a tribal hard on here for SIG, (saying that at the risk of being flamed by the tribe). How many brand new pistol designs stumbled out of the gate, had inherent flaws, were corrected and are popular quality products today? That might be an interesting thread to start. I only own one SIG, an older 229, that hasn’t been out of the safe in a very long time. I’ve got no dog in the fight nor any brand reputation emotional ties.

User Tag List