Thread: How A Rifle is Made | Hands-on Tour of the Sako & Tikka Firearms Factory

Site Supporter

How A Rifle is Made | Hands-on Tour of the Sako & Tikka Firearms Factory

I thought some folks might enjoy this... Hopefully it's not a re-post.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Very impressive, and certainly persuasive on the subject of what I should buy if/when I want another bolt action rifle.

I was surprised that they said on video that the proof testing was for reloaders who like to push the limits. I would have assumed the intention was to provide a margin of safety when the rifle is used with the intended ammunition.

Thank you for posting this. Very interesting to see the quality control, craftsmanship, and melding of man and machine that goes into production. My mind immediately goes to the analogy of hunting and the human interface with the rifle as a tool. Very cool, and now I want one!

I love watching stuff like this.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Very impressive, and certainly persuasive on the subject of what I should buy if/when I want another bolt action rifle.

I was surprised that they said on video that the proof testing was for reloaders who like to push the limits. I would have assumed the intention was to provide a margin of safety when the rifle is used with the intended ammunition.
    Concur. I bought a Tikka when I had to choose.

Same thing I’m thinking. I especially appreciate that they proof to the CIP standards and not just SAMMI.

User Tag List