Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OK, this military toy set takes it too far

That bunk…is that what they have now? What about open squadbays? Do they still have those? Are there any surviving Quonset huts?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    That toy set is incomplete without a picture of a Dependapotamus with 3 kids who don't look like him.
    She's sold separately, along with the 2006 Camero.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    She's sold separately, along with the 2006 Camero.
    When you buy the dependa figurine, she is 115lbs…. Within 3 months, she is 186 and missing a tooth.
    The 2006 Camero is a V6, with 4 bald tires, a stain on the seat from where a dip spitter was spilled, and a 24% APR…
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    That bunk…is that what they have now? What about open squadbays? Do they still have those? Are there any surviving Quonset huts?
    Those bunks with open squad bays are still pretty normal for the USMC at training venues. Quonset huts are still around.

Garrison is dorm style living.

Don't know about the other branches.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    When you buy the dependa figurine, she is 115lbs…. Within 3 months, she is 186 and missing a tooth.
    And works at the strip joint just outside of base. Kind of like my cousin's first wife when he was in the Navy.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Took me a while to realize this was a joke; I call it Oceanside 2000-2004.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    And works at the strip joint just outside of base. Kind of like my cousin's first wife when he was in the Navy.
    True story. I had to spend about four hours explaining why marrying the stripper who bit your ear off for calling her a whore was a bad idea. They got married about three months after he had his ear sewn back on.

Ordered, with instructions given to the company clerk to have it set up on the First Sgt's desk by friday morning in time for him to conduct a field day inspection....

That way me and the boys can do something useful with our time....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

I had a GI Joe footlocker from back in the late 60s. The items in that footlocker are vastly different from those in the play set in the OP. Different times and values.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Dependapotamus
    That's one hell of a word.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

User Tag List