Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sig 365xl or glock 48 for mini rds?

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The other guys already wrote about how you can run your G48 without issues. If you do decide the grass is slightly greener on the P365 side of the fence, they can be had with a manual safety for added piece of mind. I haven’t handled the manual safety models so I can’t tell you anything about how well designed that safety is, but it is an option.
    I finally got my hands on a manual safety P365 to handle (not shoot) this past weekend, and was pleasantly surprised at how functional it seemed for being so low profile.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Regardless, I've seen multiple stock G43s which could not make it through a 50 round qual course with our duty ammo (124 +P Gold Dot).
    This mirrors my limited experience with the 43x. My example has always run 147 HSTs fine but choked on the very first magazine I tried with 124 +P gold dots.

The 365 has been looking tempting lately but currently I just can’t bring myself to appendix a sig.

2 G43Xs with 507Ks, better sights, and Gadgets, otherwise stock. Milled, not MOS. 2,000 rounds minimum between the two over the course of a year or so, 3/4 of that since the red dots were installed. Roughly 70% factory 124, 20% factory 115, and 10% HST 124. Zero malfunctions of any kind. FWIW.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have a 507k fail on my Glock 48 but that happened within 10 minutes of mounting the optic and was unrelated to the gun.

Took my Glock 43 to the range for the first time on Mnoday with a (working) 507k installed and it worked great, about 180 rounds no problem. I shot this gun the most as I was concerned for malfunctions but experienced none.

While I don't own a 365XL, I have shot several copies and all were solid shooters. No problem putting up low to mid 90s on a B8 at 25 yards.

I do have a fairly new 365 and have about 500 rounds through it. It has become a favorite for carry when mowing the yard or going for a walk in the neighborhood. Again, no problem putting up 90s at 25 yards and I like it much better than the 320 platform. Only real con I can come up with is the price of the magazines is obscene and I now have the two 10 rounders that came with it as well as a 12 and a 15 round magazine. Carrying the 12 round IWB with the 15 as the spare magazine in such a small package is appealing and it's easy to hide in the hot Alabama climate. At work, I carry it with the 10 rounder in a Galco Ankle Glove that used to carry at G42. Still can't believe it fits that holster designed for a .380.

I just recently bought a G43X MOS and will eventually purchase a dot for it. I really like the way it fits my hand and at the 25y line I can easily post 90s with it as well. Magazines are cheaper for it and I think I'll stick with the factory 10s instead of the aftermarket S15 mags.

Between the 365xl and the G48 I think it's a toss up. I'd probably try both and then pick the one with the trigger you prefer. If you can live with the difference in the magazine price, 12 rounds versus 10 may be the deciding factor. The modularity of the 365 platform really doesn't matter to me too much but it is nice to be able to swap out grip modules should you damage one. If manual safety is appealing, then the Sig would be the choice but for me, the 365 platform has much more trigger travel than the 320 line before the striker drops. While I don't AIWB, I wouldn't hesitate to do so with the 365 and would never with the 320.

I'll have some spending money at the end of the year and I'm already leaning to purchasing a 365XL in addition to the recently purchased G43X MOS. I'm bad about buying both when I can't decide.

Good luck with it.

Site Supporter
    I've got both , a 365 and an XL.
    The 365 has just over 3000 rds and the XL well over 4000,
    over 1/2 of which (XL) have been with a RDS mounted running with
    zero malfunctions of any kind, I did just replace both RCS assemblies.
    In my experience, they've been quite accurate and reliable.

Like many here, I have owned a 365XL and a G48. I shot G48 better and found no concealment benefit with the SIG so SIG is gone.
    Prior to it I had a G43 and I still have a 43x slide with a baby Holosun. The only stoppages I ever had were with the Taran extensions on G43 and with previous generation springs in the Shield 15 mags with the 48. OEM mags and new Shied springs, no problem although I still use the latter for range only.

I've tested +P and regular pressure ammo and found no difference. I load my slimline shorties with a standard pressure ammo for more than one reason as I am not limited to any issued ammo. While it is annoying to hear that they didn't do well in formal tests, I am not worried about my own setups / ammo combination. SCD on everything, of course.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

OP: Is a S&W Shield plus a consideration?

Don't know if any major agencies have vetted it but is shoots very well (to me MUCH better than my 43x)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    2 G43Xs with 507Ks, better sights, and Gadgets, otherwise stock. Milled, not MOS. 2,000 rounds minimum between the two over the course of a year or so, 3/4 of that since the red dots were installed. Roughly 70% factory 124, 20% factory 115, and 10% HST 124. Zero malfunctions of any kind. FWIW.
    ^^^^
    this mirrors my experience with my two 43Xs. Not a single hiccup and I run a lot of Tula garbage through them as well as carry ammo which is HST 124 +P.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Seems to be with the glock 48 that the gun is already probably running on the edge of reliability with the recoil spring being under what the gun needs. Add an optic and it seems that it's a toss up if your gun will work
    Yeah, I would say this is a fair assessment.

My most recent slim carry experience is in the G48 thread. Cliff's: Unmodified G48 runs like a top. Direct milled (PM) G48 with rear sight dovetail removed and 507k experiences 3 / 1 ftf with Speer GD 124+p and Blazer 124 FMJ respectively in a few hundred rounds. I panic and sell it off, with my favorite quote from Ronin. Kidding, kinda, but not really.

The G48 is on consignment right now at my LGS. Another (yes, another) Glock 19 is en route from GT Distributors via GSSF pricing. But a MOS this time. Plan is to swap my 507c from my G34 to the 19, since I seem to like the circle for carry, and buy a new 407c for the G34, since I like to compete with the dot. I'll buy another FCD RMR-G plate for the 19, I vastly prefer the steel FCD plate over my experience with CHPWS and examining the Glock factory plates.

I've been through four of the popular slim lines, as follows. Only the G48 had an optic, as above. The others were owned/shot as follows:

- P365XL - 4 months, 641 rounds
    - P365 - 21 months, 441 rounds(*)
    - G43X - 8 months, 638 rounds
    - G48 - 9 months, 1,180 rounds

* Wife's gun. She decided to buy it, and she also decided to sell it.

On topic - To me, it came down to carry. In the last year I lost 30 lbs, so I was finally able to AIWB. I never warmed up to carrying the Sig that way. A TS is a good option, but I do not like TS's. Hence, Gadget, hence Glock. But I tried very hard to run the XL, and it did everything I asked it to. I just did not like the stories about Sig's QC issues, and the one failure I had (mag follower barfed out of the tube after a stage drop) convinced me it was not robust enough for what I wanted.

I tried very hard to like the G48, but in the end, despite all it's positive attributes, mine (stress "mine") was not up to my standard.

So with all that said, if I were ok with a non-gadget/non-hammer gun, possibly with a TS, and wanted a red dot on a carryable, shootable slimline, I would chose a P365XL. I think there is a wider envelope of operating reliability, and the gun is ready "as is" for a dot.

User Tag List