Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: sig 365xl or glock 48 for mini rds?

sig 365xl or glock 48 for mini rds?

Seems like plenty of people are having issues with small rds's on their glock slim lines.. With that in mind I am focusing on streamlining my firearms and I really want to go rds on all my guns. Right now I have a two glock 17 gen 5s that I plan on having chopped down to glock 19 lenght if I stay glock, a glock 48, and a glock 43.

With the issues people are having it has me reavaulting that plan and if I should just stick with double stack guns and not be lazy or if a pair of sig 365 xl with thumbsafeties and 507ks would be the ticket...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Seems like plenty of people are having issues with small rds's on their glock slim lines.. With that in mind I am focusing on streamlining my firearms and I really want to go rds on all my guns. Right now I have a two glock 17 gen 5s that I plan on having chopped down to glock 19 lenght if I stay glock, a glock 48, and a glock 43.

With the issues people are having it has me reavaulting that plan and if I should just stick with double stack guns and not be lazy or if a pair of sig 365 xl with thumbsafeties and 507ks would be the ticket...
    For a slim line gun P365XL, no contest. Just avoid the Romeo Zero optic, it’s a rebranded shield optic (I.e. crap). Holosun 507k or even the 407k.

IME and in what I’ve seen agency wise, the SIG 365/365XL are the better mouse trap when it comes to slimline guns.

I say that as someone who believes service size Glocks are more reliable than 320s. In fact if I were “king for a day” I’d have SIG discontinue the 320 and replace it with a scaled up 365XL and call it the P320 2.0.

I think a Glock 43X or 48 makes perfect sense if your larger pistol is a Glock. The 365 and 365XL are great slimlines if you are also shooting a 320, since Glock and Sig pistols point differently.

I haven't been following -- what are the issues folks are having with slimline Glock pistols?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just avoid the Romeo Zero optic, it’s a rebranded shield optic (I.e. crap).
    I haven’t heard that before - and I’d always considered Shield to be Tier 1.5 or 2 gear. From what I know Romeo Zero reliability is pretty awful.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I haven’t heard that before - and I’d always considered Shield to be Tier 1.5 or 2 gear. From what I know Romeo Zero reliability is pretty awful.
    The shield pistol optic is shit. It’s a pistol optic from a country where people can’t even own or shoot pistols.

The Romeo zero is literally a shield optic with a different housing.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think a Glock 43X or 48 makes perfect sense if your larger pistol is a Glock. The 365 and 365XL are great slimlines if you are also shooting a 320, since Glock and Sig pistols point differently.

I haven't been following -- what are the issues folks are having with slimline Glock pistols?
    Seems to be with the glock 48 that the gun is already probably running on the edge of reliability with the recoil spring being under what the gun needs. Add an optic and it seems that it's a toss up if your gun will work

I have run a direct milled poly lens RMSc for two years on a 43X, and the only thing I have done is change 2032 batteries, and be thoughtful about how I clean the lens (compressed air and a Leupold lens pen). It has held zero and the dot works great in adverse sun angles. I also have a direct milled glass lens RMSc on a Shield four inch, and while I have only had it since the end of 2020, it also has worked fine. While I don't think the optic is exposed duty carry tough, they have worked great for me in an EDC capacity.

^+1 on the RMSc which is similar to the J point. That’s what’s on my carry gun.

The Romeo Zero I think is different. It doesn’t have an auto-adjust sensor like the RMSc and the window and lens are completely different.

Seems to be with the glock 48 that the gun is already probably running on the edge of reliability with the recoil spring being under what the gun needs. Add an optic and it seems that it's a toss up if your gun will work
    I don't have slides with me to weigh, but I was under the impression that the weight of the optic and the weight of the metal removed were a wash? Can you point me to a thread or discussion that describes the optic causing reliability issues on the 43X/48?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I don't have slides with me to weigh, but I was under the impression that the weight of the optic and the weight of the metal removed were a wash? Can you point me to a thread or discussion that describes the optic causing reliability issues on the 43X/48?
    seems like youre right.. plus these optics are so light weight that I think you may be correct that it is a wash. I wonder if the mill jobs are the cause moreso then the gun.. since glock just released a mos version of each you would assume they atleast tested a the 48 with different optics to ensure it would still operate.

User Tag List