Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axe throwing

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    If you can't find a way to combine axe throwing with league bowling in a Wisconsin bar, then America is truly without hope.
    I guess if he continues to Chippewa(y) at the problem, eventually he'll find a solution.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Wife did it at a work event. Loved it.
    When I think about throwing axes for entertainment, I think about the many idiots I've seen almost shoot themselves or me at the range.
    Feels like I'd be safer riding my motorcycle.
    Ah, but you might be able to dodge an axe coming at you. Which leads me to "if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."😁

Site Supporter
    There's a place near my house the wife and I went to on a date night. We had a good time.

They sell alcohol too, which I also thought was a bad idea.

The axes were NOT sharp, possibly due to mishandling by the clientele and which added to the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Ah, but you might be able to dodge an axe coming at you. Which leads me to "if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."😁

Gotta have some good reflexes!

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    Gotta have some good reflexes!

Yipes!

That is what my wife kept doing, minus the bouncing back at her head. She sank it into the wood under the target more often than the target itself. I kept telling her to let it go but she kept holding on to it like it owed her money. Luckily she isn't that tall/muscular and wasn't able to put that much "stank" into it. I'll show this to her tonight and maybe she will be more happy about being "little and weak". The other young lady were were with was much more like this young lady and really able to "sling it" and was doing a much better job of getting the axe down to the target. Luckily she had better control than my wife.

I guess there are small blessings.

(That also appeared to be closer to the target than we were)

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Guy View Post
    If you can't find a way to combine axe throwing with league bowling in a Wisconsin bar, then America is truly without hope.
    I'm in West TN. Guerrero is the poor guy up in the Great White North.

Around here, you are lucky to find a town that has a bowling alley. Most of them closed years ago.

We still have one because of all the company bowling leagues. I am hoping to maybe talk my wife into having her company do an axe league instead of bowling. I wouldn't mind wearing her companies axe league shirts.

Axes are for people who can't throw shovels.

My wife and I along with some friends went to place in Lancaster PA that sold mead and had axe throwing. There was an axe instructor present during the hurling (of axes) and even with the high ABV of mead it seemed relatively safe.

FWIW my beloved beat me with her last throw. A wise man knows when to let the redhead who’s drinking mead and flinging axes have her victory.

This is why targets should be made of wood with the end grain facing the thrower.

At age 12, I was throwing a 7" blade bayonet (back when they were $6) at a power pole. If it hits wrong it will return at speed !

User Tag List