Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Somebody never watched Loony Tunes

Somebody never watched Loony Tunes

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...land-australia

In attempt to save the Tasmanian devil by shipping an "insurance population" to a tiny Australian island has come at a "catastrophic" cost to the birdlife there, including the complete elimination of little penguins, according to BirdLife Tasmania.

Maria Island, a 116-square-kilometre island east of Tasmania, was home to 3,000 breeding pairs of little penguins around a decade ago.

Their populations have dwindled since Tasmanian devils were introduced in 2012, but according to BirdLife Tasmania, the most recent survey conducted by the parks department showed penguins had completely disappeared from the island.
    #RESIST

What could go wrong?

Name:  taz.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  35.8 KB

Give it a decade for the Tasmanian devils to die out, then reintroduce the penguins.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

“We’re from the government, and we’re here to help!
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Give it a decade for the Tasmanian devils to die out, then reintroduce the penguins.

Okie John
    Just like from my favorite episode of "The Simpsons":

Principal Skinner: Well, I was wrong. The lizards are a godsend.

Lisa: But isn't that a bit short-sighted? What happens when we're overrun by lizards?

Principal Skinner: No problem. We simply unleash wave after wave of Chinese needle snakes. They'll wipe out the lizards.

Lisa: But aren't the snakes even worse?

Principal Skinner: Yes, but we're prepared for that. We've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on snake meat.

Lisa: Then we're stuck with gorillas!

Principal Skinner: No, that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

Lisa: Hmm.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Top. Men. (and women/trans/ non-binary as well)
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm in that part of the world this week. Energetic little fucka's.
    There's an unfortunate wallaby under that pile of devils somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post

Principal Skinner: Well, I was wrong. The lizards are a godsend.

Lisa: But isn't that a bit short-sighted? What happens when we're overrun by lizards?

Principal Skinner: No problem. We simply unleash wave after wave of Chinese needle snakes. They'll wipe out the lizards.

Lisa: But aren't the snakes even worse?

Principal Skinner: Yes, but we're prepared for that. We've lined up a fabulous type of gorilla that thrives on snake meat.

Lisa: Then we're stuck with gorillas!

Principal Skinner: No, that's the beautiful part. When wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

Lisa: Hmm.
    Ironically, one of my coworkers talked about hunting non-native game in west TX yesterday, and I looked up axis deer. A problematic species that is out-competing native whitetails in a lot of places. Similar to feral/wild pigs, they also get transported to places where they aren't already so that landowners can charge for hunting them. It turns out that the megafreeze this February killed a lot of them.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Other import problems:
    Libtards into blue states,
    Kudzu into southern USA
    Rabbits in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Ironically, one of my coworkers talked about hunting non-native game in west TX yesterday, and I looked up axis deer. A problematic species that is out-competing native whitetails in a lot of places. Similar to feral/wild pigs, they also get transported to places where they aren't already so that landowners can charge for hunting them. It turns out that the megafreeze this February killed a lot of them.
    I remember my dad taking me to a ranch somewhere around Uvalde TX so he could hunt deer. I was about 8 so late 50's. I remember there were a lot of deer and Javelina there at that time.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List