Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Concealable OWB Holster?

Most Concealable OWB Holster?

For concealing OWB under a jacket, I occasionally use the Raven Perun. Before that I used an old-style Bravo Concealment BCA with pancake loops. Is there anything comparable with the Perun that is built as slim and holds as tight or tighter?

Site Supporter
    I like OWB, and clothes that fit, making holster choice important. I’ve used two (now discontinued) Raven Phantoms, a Glock “Sport Combat” holster, and a JMCK OWB1, mostly with subcompact, double stack Glocks. They all did the job, but the JMCK is outstanding. It really pulls the grip/back of slide area into my side and hides the gun very well.

In a field where some detectives/agents don’t seem to care about printing badly (like, ALS under a polo badly), I much prefer to look unarmed.

Site Supporter
    In Leather- I have had good results with a Kramer Vertical Scabbard in horsehide (nature's kydex) carrying a 5 inch all steel 1911

In Kydex- I have had good results with original Raven "Pancake" style riveted holster for a Glock 35 and 34. I think I purchased it when "Raven" was sold on "The Malabar Front."

There are any number of Kydex folks who have been inspired by the Raven design. In a Kydex OWB, I would buy something at least .08 thick with .093 being even better. Heck, I might even go .125 if a Kydex bender could convince me that the slight loss of concealment was offset by increased durability.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    In Leather- I have had good results with a Kramer Vertical Scabbard in horsehide (nature's kydex) carrying a 5 inch all steel 1911
    https://www.kramerleather.com/collec.../belt-scabbard

I'm sitting at my desk wearing a Browning Hi-Power in the above Kramer pancake holster. "Body hugging" is an apt description.

I just received the shipping notice for my 4.25" 1911 version.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

The JM Custom Kydex OWB2 is far and away my favorite OWB holster for Glock 17 and Glock 19. I have used several others that were good but the OWB2 beats them all for both comfort and tight-pull concealment. It lets me conceal OWB under clothes that normally forced me to go IWB.

The DeSantis Veiled Partner is also very tight-pulling. I have one for a Glock 43 but there aren't many situations where I would carry a Glock 43 OWB.

Unfortunately, the Veiled Partner for the Glock 17/19 had some problems for me. It did pull the gun in tight but it was not very comfortable for my build. It also left rub marks on the slide. I really prefer full muzzle coverage and the Veiled Partner for 17/19 is open-muzzle like a belt slide.

And if I may indulge a quick rant on the topic: I just can't get along with the squared pancake-style "two sheets of kydex stamped together" holsters. Leather pancake holsters have some ability to flex and conform. Every kydex pancake holster I've tried feels like a giant plastic dinner plate strapped to my hip.
    Last edited by Edster; 07-02-2021 at 11:01 PM.

I'm sure the JMCK is great because all of Tony's work that I've personally experienced is exceptional.

That said, Tom at Dark Star Gear made me an OWB a few years ago that is simply great. I normally only wear it to the range for quals, but if I needed a close fitting OWB for field, casual or dress attire, it would work in any of those venues.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    https://www.kramerleather.com/collec.../belt-scabbard

I'm sitting at my desk wearing a Browning Hi-Power in the above Kramer pancake holster. "Body hugging" is an apt description.

I just received the shipping notice for my 4.25" 1911 version.
    Maybe if I had been able to carry a BHP on duty, I wouldn't have quit.

No. I still would have quit. But it's fun to think about.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

The only OWB I wear anymore (for concealment, not competition) is the Alessis CQC-S. I don’t think they’re made anymore.

Concealable, comfortable, and easier on and off than standard belt loops.

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    The JM Custom Kydex OWB2 is far and away my favorite OWB holster for Glock 17 and Glock 19. I have used several others that were good but the OWB2 beats them all for both comfort and tight-pull concealment. It lets me conceal OWB under clothes that normally forced me to go IWB.
    Thanks, enabler. This tipped me over into ordering a OWB2 for my 27.5.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I’ve tried a bunch and the Perun is pretty dang good.

I’m pretty skinny/small so the original Phantom type holsters are big and bulky on me. The Perun is a lot more comfortable and keeps the gun just as tight.

User Tag List