Thread: New optic, need mount

New optic, need mount

I picked up a Steiner P4Xi today, now seeking a mount. There are many more options available than when I got into my first Leupold VX-R 1.25-4 many moons ago (still rockin the same QD LaRue LT104).

Primarily looking for fixed mounting options but not looking to destroy my bank account any further either. Is there a middle road? I'd very much rather not spend upwards of $400 but I don't want a fragile $80 Aero 6065 mount either. Appreciate the input.
    Last edited by rm06; 06-20-2021 at 01:28 PM.

I like the Badger Ordnance 1.70” mounts.

Rooftop Defense has the tan 30mm in stock and the code “Rings” gets you $45 off.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I like the Badger Ordnance 1.70” mounts.

Rooftop Defense has the tan 30mm in stock and the code “Rings” gets you $45 off.
    Well, I guess that settles it. This is what I was looking at anyway, the sticker shock of these mounts has been a little... shocking. But that is a healthy discount, I really appreciate you posting it

Quote Originally Posted by rm06 View Post
    Well, I guess that settles it. This is what I was looking at anyway, the sticker shock of these mounts has been a little... shocking. But that is a healthy discount, I really appreciate you posting it
    Glad I could help. I don't think you'll be disappointed. They are great mounts with lots of options to add an offset or piggybacked dot if that's your thing too.

Nightforce, Badger, Geissele

In no particular order. They’re all the best.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rm06 View Post
    The Badge Ordinance COMM 1.70" is where it's at for me with LPVOs. I have tried 1.50", 1.54", 1.70", and 1.93". After trying them all- the 1.70 is the "goldilocks" height. It works well across the board- standing, sitting and kneeling. It comes up to my eye in a standing "fighting" stance much better than the 1.54" height.

Site Supporter
    Gotta quote Uncle Pat, since my experience mirrors...

If LaRue is an option, LaRue is the answer.

I have heard of Mark's shinanagans. Not a blid follower, but his stuff has been good for my uses...

pat

Is this a duty/HD gun or a fun gun?

Fun gun, Aero Precision UL mount

Duty gun, Badger COMM

Also:
    Daniel Defense has a unimount for $160 or so.

I started out with a Colt marked B-Square mount and it never did fall off the rail like I thought it would.

Used a few others over the years and have settled on LaRue LT104 and ADM Recon. I just don’t like the taller mounts but I don’t wear gas masks or NV either. I can’t imagine what a $400 mount would do that these two won’t.

User Tag List