Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Power AIWB

Site Supporter

Hi Power AIWB

For those of you who might be looking for an AIWB Rig for a Hi Power. I had checked JMCK's Website and emailed Tony regarding a holster for my Hi Power. He replied that he didn't have a Hi Power and was unsure if a 1911 holster would fit. I studied the photos and decided to try his AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 for a 5 inch 1911 with full body shield and wide spaced 1.5 Pull the Dot Loops and an AIWB High Ride 2 Loop Pull the Dot Magazine Pouch for a Beretta 92. The magazine pouch arrived and all I had to do was set the depth screw for how low I wanted the mag to sit, and tighten the tension screw a bit. When the holster arrived I found that the only issue I had with fit was that the stud of the slide stop/release was binding on the inside of the holster when attempting to holster the pistol. I warmed that spot slightly and inserted the pistol, once cooled I adjusted the tension screw and it works perfectly. I added a foam wedge and the rig rides very comfortably. And my 1911 still fits perfectly as well. You could also trim the tip of the stud as well so it would clear. Hope this helps anyone who might be looking for an AIWB for their Hi Power.

Name:  Hi Power AIWB.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  46.7 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

I only have an Argentinian slab-sided High Power clone, but every single one of my 1911 holsters fits it perfectly. Leather, kydex, I've never even had to adjust anything. There is a tiny bit of empty space at the tip of the holster but otherwise they feel like custom made for that gun.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Be sure to to check that the 1911 holster doesn't inadvertently depress the mag release on your HP. I've encountered that on a couple occasions while crossing the streams in the 1911/BHP holster world.

Sadly, the CCC Gesalt for my Commander does not fit my early 60's Hipower.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Be sure to to check that the 1911 holster doesn't inadvertently depress the mag release on your HP. I've encountered that on a couple occasions while crossing the streams in the 1911/BHP holster world.
    One of the first things I checked, it doesn't and if it did a dremel would take care of the issue.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

5shot SME for a 5" 1911 fits a hipower perfectly. It even blocks the thumbsafety, if you have an aftermarket or custom type. I'm not posting gun pictures anymore, so if someone needs to see it, shoot me a PM with a phone number. It also sits cozily in a JRC watson special

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    For those of you who might be looking for an AIWB Rig for a Hi Power. I had checked JMCK's Website and emailed Tony regarding a holster for my Hi Power. He replied that he didn't have a Hi Power and was unsure if a 1911 holster would fit. I studied the photos and decided to try his AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 for a 5 inch 1911 with full body shield and wide spaced 1.5 Pull the Dot Loops and an AIWB High Ride 2 Loop Pull the Dot Magazine Pouch for a Beretta 92. The magazine pouch arrived and all I had to do was set the depth screw for how low I wanted the mag to sit, and tighten the tension screw a bit. When the holster arrived I found that the only issue I had with fit was that the stud of the slide stop/release was binding on the inside of the holster when attempting to holster the pistol. I warmed that spot slightly and inserted the pistol, once cooled I adjusted the tension screw and it works perfectly. I added a foam wedge and the rig rides very comfortably. And my 1911 still fits perfectly as well. You could also trim the tip of the stud as well so it would clear. Hope this helps anyone who might be looking for an AIWB for their Hi Power.

SWEET!! Thanks for the info, glad you got it to work.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

More info/pics on your Hi-Power, please.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    More info/pics on your Hi-Power, please.

It's a MK3 made in Belgium assembled in Portugal, Originally a Hard Chrome frame and slide with Gold Trigger and Ambi Safety as in the photo. I replaced all springs and pins with BH Spring Solutions parts and removed the magazine disconnector. I sent the slide to Novak's and had them mill it for their sights and blue it. I added the Cylinder and Slide single side safety and the Hogue Pau Ferro grips. I really like it.
    Name:  Org Hi Power.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  100.2 KBName:  Completed Hi Power.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  102.0 KB

It's a MK3 made in Belgium assembled in Portugal, Originally a Hard Chrome frame and slide with Gold Trigger and Ambi Safety as in the photo. I replaced all springs and pins with BH Spring Solutions parts and removed the magazine disconnector. I sent the slide to Novak's and had them mill it for their sights and blue it. I added the Cylinder and Slide single side safety and the Hogue Pau Ferro grips. I really like it.
    Name:  Org Hi Power.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  100.2 KBName:  Completed Hi Power.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  102.0 KB
    TT Gunleather?

User Tag List