Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McCloskeys plead on misdemeanor charges; pay $2750 total fines

Site Supporter
    Looks like @vcdgrips has won the internets for the day.

Thanks for taking the time to post your insights on various matters around here.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I would note I predicted the following out nearly 1 year ago. See post #401
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....testers/page41

1. will not be felons
    2. will not go to jail
    3. will keep their law licenses
    4. will still be millionaires and can cherry pick who they represent re personal injury and other plaintiff oriented litigation.

Standing on principles has its own costs.
    a. Mr Mc is running for Sen to replace the retiring Sen Blunt. He needs this behind him
    b. Mr and Mrs have millions of fees in the pipeline on pending cases and potentially tens of millions more in new business. Felony convictions mean no law licenses and potentially clients who do not get the results the want/need/deserve etc.

A 60 sec look at the docket indicates that the elected Circuit Atty and her entire staff were disqualified from the case. The Court appointed Richard G. Callahan as Special Prosecutor who billed the Court 1060 for 4.25 hours of work in resolving the case. Callahan is 30 yr plus atty who has been an atty in pvt practice, asst prosecutor, elected prosecutor, US atty and State Court judge.

https://www.lincolnu.edu/web/preside...ators/callahan
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_G._Callahan

The judge who sentenced the case is a 30 year plus atty/Wash U (STL) law grad who has been on the bench for 20 + years and has taught at Wash U since 1989, albeit on an adjunct basis.
    https://www.yourmissourijudges.org/j...david-c-mason/

Only slightly tongue in cheek, it seems like the adults finally got called in. They, in short order, got the same room and worked this thing out with very little muss or fuss.
    Thank you. I did read your earlier post. It pays to play. Unfortunately.

Weren't they also promised a pardon from the Governor? If so they really had nothing to lose but money and some political clout, he's running for senate.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The big motivating factor was probably the uncertainty of the outcome at trial.

I have always thought they were legally justified but made multiple bad decisions. A judge, or the wrong jury, could easily reach a different conclusion on the issue of justification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your theory makes sense and is the most probable reason behind the McCloskey's decision to mitigate losses and run. I appreciate your response in addressing my frustration at decent people who contribute to society—or at least do not burden society with themselves—being mobbed/hassled by a bunch of asinine SJWs for the sake of signalling how virtuous they are. The McCloskey's may not be the paradigm of saint-hood—Hell, who really is?—but peaceful folks, such as they are, ought to be left alone. I realize that this is probably the ''new normal'' and that there is nothing that I can do about it. Reckon I just take offense to decent people being targeted by the rabble amongst us. /rant
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    While the people in question did nothing wrong. They did do everything wrong. In my opinion. I’m not gonna rehash the whole situation. Or give them a trial by fire. They probably wouldn’t survive that.

They are good people who made themselves famous. They could have taken a different path. Instead. They are gonna capitalized their own actions as innocent. This isn’t the Wild West. Never has been for a few years.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Name:  20210620_163914.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  58.7 KB
    Referencing our A2 an 20 inch threads, I’m sad to see he went with a carbine. That A1 he had just screamed “Boomer”!

If he turned in an actual SP1, I really hope some cop can save it.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    This isn’t the Wild West. Never has been for a few years.
    Nor should it be the 13th century when hordes of barbarians are able to rampage through cities unopposed, yet oddly they are.
    Last edited by Suvorov; 06-20-2021 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Nor should it be the 13th century where hordes of barbarians are able to rampage through cities unopposed, yet oddly they are.
    And look how NYC has verified the 100% off coupon code "George Floyd". https://nypost.com/2021/06/20/hundre...arges-dropped/

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Looks like @vcdgrips has won the internets for the day.

Thanks for taking the time to post your insights on various matters around here.
    +1

Having the opportunity to read insightful precise comments like this from @vcdgrips is why I participate in and support pistol-forum.
    Last edited by RJ; 06-21-2021 at 06:09 AM.

User Tag List