Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cartel members seize seven million rounds of ammunition destined for U.S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Because in California it would be illegal for the thief to sell or transfer the ammo they stole without a background check. How could they convert the ammo to cash without breaking the law?

Come on man......
    I said easily, not legally.

One of my honey holes for ammo used to be Southern Ohio Gun prior to them closing shop. Low prices, fast shipping, great customer service. The caveat was that almost every time I ordered multiple cases of ammo, at least one would go missing after hitting the same UPS hub in Illinois. This was a common problem and SOG was great about initiating the claim with UPS and getting me a refund quickly. Shortly before they closed in 2018, they put their Wolf 7.62x39 on sale for 2005 prices. I called and placed an order for the last six cases they had in stock. Five showed up. As usual, SOG took care of it.

Glad they made good on itwheel man has to get his cut of the stash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    One of my honey holes for ammo used to be Southern Ohio Gun prior to them closing shop. Low prices, fast shipping, great customer service. The caveat was that almost every time I ordered multiple cases of ammo, at least one would go missing after hitting the same UPS hub in Illinois. This was a common problem and SOG was great about initiating the claim with UPS and getting me a refund quickly. Shortly before they closed in 2018, they put their Wolf 7.62x39 on sale for 2005 prices. I called and placed an order for the last six cases they had in stock. Five showed up. As usual, SOG took care of it.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I said easily, not legally.
    Surly you are not suggesting a person who stole a pallet of ammunition would not follow our glorious Governor’s glorious ammunition law? 😳

"We want Ammo..."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Sometimes UPS does “legitimately” lose stuff. There’s a place called NPS near my old workplace that sold, among other things, pallets of stuff that UPS lost, and settled with the owners.

I would see ammo there nearly every time I would look (which wasn’t often- normally I would go there every few months to confirm my company’s archery gear that ended up on their pallets so it could be bought back and destroyed rather than end up on ebay with no parts or owners manuals… a lot of semi-finished Olympic bow risers machined in SLC and then sent to LA for anodize used to “disappear” after leaving the anodize facility in Los Angeles, only to end up at that liquidator in SLC months later- then consumers would call customer service to ask for parts for “the bow they bought that shipped with no bushings or limb bolts”. Well, yeah. Not going through final assembly at the factory will do that).

Scored a couple cases of $4/box Federal .45 230 ball that way once… in something like 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Sometimes UPS does “legitimately” lose stuff. There’s a place called NPS near my old workplace that sold, among other things, pallets of stuff that UPS lost, and settled with the owners.

I would see ammo there nearly every time I would look (which wasn’t often- normally I would go there every few months to confirm my company’s archery gear that ended up on their pallets so it could be bought back and destroyed rather than end up on ebay with no parts or owners manuals… a lot of semi-finished Olympic bow risers machined in SLC and then sent to LA for anodize used to “disappear” after leaving the anodize facility in Los Angeles, only to end up at that liquidator in SLC months later- then consumers would call customer service to ask for parts for “the bow they bought that shipped with no bushings or limb bolts”. Well, yeah. Not going through final assembly at the factory will do that).

Scored a couple cases of $4/box Federal .45 230 ball that way once… in something like 2006.
    If it occurred at different places, I'd be a little more inclined to believe it just got lost, but several times from the same depot and nowhere else leaves me more than a little suspicious.

We had a place like that about 15 years ago, it was called Stupid Prices. Lots of stuff from UPS, Costco, and Target. Only made it a few years.

Site Supporter
    No 9x19? Glad to see that, @GJM would've been pissed if he lost his weekly drop shipment...

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    From TFB:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...en-guanajuato/

4 million 872 thousand high speed .22 caliber Long Rifle (LR) cartridges.
    1 million 230 thousand cartridges .22 caliber LR high speed PH
    295 thousand .40 caliber S&W cartridges
    215 thousand .22 caliber cartridges LR super hummingbird
    117 thousand .45 caliber automatic cartridges
    100 thousand cartridges .38 caliber special jacketed
    99,000 M 7 1/2 high speed .410 caliber cartridges
    87 thousand cartridges caliber 7.62 × 51 mm 150 GN
    71 mil 500 caliber .12 minishell post
    25 thousand cartridges caliber .38 super auto + P
    3 thousand caliber 12 minishell slug cartridges

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    From TFB:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...en-guanajuato/

4 million 872 thousand high speed .22 caliber Long Rifle (LR) cartridges.
    1 million 230 thousand cartridges .22 caliber LR high speed PH
    295 thousand .40 caliber S&W cartridges
    215 thousand .22 caliber cartridges LR super hummingbird
    117 thousand .45 caliber automatic cartridges
    100 thousand cartridges .38 caliber special jacketed
    99,000 M 7 1/2 high speed .410 caliber cartridges
    87 thousand cartridges caliber 7.62 × 51 mm 150 GN
    71 mil 500 caliber .12 minishell post
    25 thousand cartridges caliber .38 super auto + P
    3 thousand caliber 12 minishell slug cartridges
    Now that I see what was stolen, I would round up the usual suspects, and half of them are regulars on Pistol-Forum.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

That load would just about fit in a 53' dry van. Not sure why they'd need a "convoy".. I didn't run all the numbers, but they may have just barely needed a second truck.

added on edit... yeah, that would be two trucks.

User Tag List