Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Tundra TRD Pro leak

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Given how heavily it's being compared to Ford's F-150 Powerboost option, I'd really love to see Toyota release a variant or option to compete with the 7.2 kW output Pro Power option.
    IMO if they *don't* have that functionality, they've completely missed the boat.

Of course, given that Ford just announced that... 6 months ago?... I'm not sure how they could.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    IMO if they *don't* have that functionality, they've completely missed the boat.

Of course, given that Ford just announced that... 6 months ago?... I'm not sure how they could.
    Amen to that, dude. It's a feature I'd be able to get a lot of miles out of, and that I find very desirable; but I'll be damned if I just don't want to buy a Ford in 2021. Toyota's been really good to me, but I can wait and let this one develop just in case it's on the way in a year or two.

(I know that there's a whole cottage industry of wiring inverters et al into Toyota hybrids in particular, but I'm not looking for an ad hoc feature or enough to run a single appliance... I'd love to have that relatively monster output on tap for a whole host of reasons.)
    Jules
    Runcible Works

I rather like it, and am at worst ambivalent to some of the featuring. Given how heavily it's being compared to Ford's F-150 Powerboost option, I'd really love to see Toyota release a variant or option to compete with the 7.2 kW output Pro Power option.

Admittedly my preferences are heavily skewed towards AM General's options, but I don't see anything rancorous here.
    I’ll be damned, Toyota missed the boat on this one. That’s too bad, their new engine looks like a winner. Almost good enough to overlook the hideous front end.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...50-powerboost/
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’ll be damned, Toyota missed the boat on this one. That’s too bad, their new engine looks like a winner. Almost good enough to overlook the hideous front end.

I like the front end on the TRD Pro version, but strongly dislike the other versions. I wonder if that will cause even more mark up for the TRD Pro version since it will increase the demand for it even more.

Given how heavily it's being compared to Ford's F-150 Powerboost option, I'd really love to see Toyota release a variant or option to compete with the 7.2 kW output Pro Power option.

Amen to that, dude. It's a feature I'd be able to get a lot of miles out of, and that I find very desirable; but I'll be damned if I just don't want to buy a Ford in 2021. Toyota's been really good to me, but I can wait and let this one develop just in case it's on the way in a year or two.

(I know that there's a whole cottage industry of wiring inverters et al into Toyota hybrids in particular, but I'm not looking for an ad hoc feature or enough to run a single appliance... I'd love to have that relatively monster output on tap for a whole host of reasons.)

Lame. From the article.

The Tundra hybrid doesn't have a generator function.

since Ram is going to be late to the hybrid party, I bet they're watching the response to this all with great interest.

If the feature winds up being a non-deciding-factor for buyers, I bet we'll see Ram skip it and make fun of it in their marketing. If the press goes the other way, Ram should have time to get it included in their version (and no, I'm not considering the Etorque a "real hybrid").
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Given that we are talking about a vehicle's ugliness I just thought I'd share this screencap because I was scrolling quickly through the whole thread and this was the entirety of what what shown in my browser window:

Name:  offense.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  48.5 KB

And I thought...you know I'm not usually bothered by stuff but actually yeah, the above does kind of offend a bit. I have yet to click on the link to see what steps I can take about that, though.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I like the front end on the TRD Pro version, but strongly dislike the other versions. I wonder if that will cause even more mark up for the TRD Pro version since it will increase the demand for it even more.
    The new TRD Pro interior can be…hideous.

Name:  DA8BFE95-EB17-4EBD-9B67-4AC883996AA5.jpeg
Views: 293
Size:  33.3 KB
    #RESIST

Lame. From the article.

The Tundra hybrid doesn't have a generator function.

since Ram is going to be late to the hybrid party, I bet they're watching the response to this all with great interest.

If the feature winds up being a non-deciding-factor for buyers, I bet we'll see Ram skip it and make fun of it in their marketing. If the press goes the other way, Ram should have time to get it included in their version (and no, I'm not considering the Etorque a "real hybrid").
    It is kinda shocking that Toyota didn’t include that. I wonder if it’s supply chain related? Or just typical Toyota arrogance?
    #RESIST

The new TRD Pro interior can be…hideous.

Name:  DA8BFE95-EB17-4EBD-9B67-4AC883996AA5.jpeg
Views: 293
Size:  33.3 KB
    Agreed. I'm not feeling the red at all. I kinda like the camo pattern on the black seats, but I'll have to see it in person to tell if it actually looks nice or if its cheesy.

It is kinda shocking that Toyota didn’t include that. I wonder if it’s supply chain related? Or just typical Toyota arrogance?
    I think they got caught flat-footed by Ford. This new Tundra was already probably 98% ready for release, then Ford drops the "hey, you can power your whole house with this thing" feature, THEN gets some free publicity from a hurricane and someone at Toyota is getting fired.

User Tag List