Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Numerous LE trainees struck by car on morning run

Numerous LE trainees struck by car on morning run

https://www.foxnews.com/us/more-than...up-morning-run
    Drunk, intentional or otherwise this is a brutal story: 11 in critical condition. Prayers for speedy recoveries.

Hard to imagine it not being intentional.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Hard to imagine it not being intentional.
    I wouldn't bet against it; when will the Left (low risk conclusion) turn down its hatred of LE?

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    I wouldn't bet against it; when will the Left (low risk conclusion) turn down its hatred of LE?
    When they own all aspects of the institution without challenge.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Does anyone have direct knowledge if this academy class would have only been composed of only employees or if it's likely they would've been mixed with guys paying their way hoping to get a job afterwards?

Because for this to happen and basically get boned on any sort of coverage or benefits because you weren't employed by anyone...fuck, that's just insult to injury, and a GoFundMe I'd definitely like to contribute to.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Does anyone have direct knowledge if this academy class would have only been composed of only employees or if it's likely they would've been mixed with guys paying their way hoping to get a job afterwards?

Because for this to happen and basically get boned on any sort of coverage or benefits because you weren't employed by anyone...fuck, that's just insult to injury, and a GoFundMe I'd definitely like to contribute to.
    I think a better idea is to sell lottery tickets for a chance to be on the firing squad for the douche that drove the car. Maybe a GoFundMe, too.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    I'd say 30% chance it was an anti police leftist, 30% chance it was a disgruntled cadet or academy employee, 30% chance it was a random drunk/high/psychotic break driver with no particular ill will towards cops, and 10% chance it was something else.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Unless things have changed, LASD academy will only have employees, no pre service cadets on their own dime. Could be all LASD or have some other agencies mixed in. Common for some time for SoCal agencies not to swear in academy cadets until graduation so they don’t qualify for peace officer retirements if injured in the academy. My former agency went to that policy over 20 years ago. Don’t know if LASD does that.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Common for some time for SoCal agencies not to swear in academy cadets until graduation so they don’t qualify for peace officer retirements if injured in the academy.
    That's rough.

We didn’t get sworn in until the end of the academy but I’m pretty sure I was paying into public safety while I was in the academy.

I went to the Phoenix Academy in South Phoenix which backs up against South Mountain. My class Sergeant liked to run. We ran through some pretty sketchy neighborhoods while he was getting us into shape to run the mountain trails.

ETA I was born in Whittier and lived there until I was seven. My Dad got transferred to Phoenix.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List