Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Tundra TRD Pro leak

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It better get more than 17 MPG. That was a serious flaw of the old 5.7 V8...
    I believe Toyota only had 4.7L. Small Block GM 350 was a 5.7L.

ETA" Disregard. My Bad. Brain farted about the UR engine. Kind of lost interest in the Tundra after the first generation.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 06-18-2021 at 02:45 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The Tundra has always been one of those weird, also-ran, snowflake trucks that's just not appealing in any way other than for folks that somehow feel like they "need" a Japanese vehicle to get reliability. It's always been a situation where you sacrifice EVERYTHING else just to get that confidence/smugness.
    Yea, sacrificing important things like long-term reliability, resale value, and build quality is such a small price to pay to drive a Hecho en Mexico "American" truck...

No, Toyota doesn't run out and embrace all the latest gadgets from buyers too stupid to recognize that the load of Chinese electronics stuffed into their dash contributes more to the economic decline of their society than buying a Toyota. Nor do they update everything to the latest generation after 4-years. I guess that sucks?

We have a member who was just complaining about getting his 16-year old Ford SUV serviced. But I can get my 14-year old Toyota SUV serviced without an issue. And if I need a new engine? No problem, because it is still used in current 4Runners. Making parts, service, and replacement a non-issue.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Uh oh....

I sense a coming disruption in the force....😳
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Yea, sacrificing important things like long-term reliability, resale value, and build quality is such a small price to pay to drive a Hecho en Mexico "American" truck...

No, Toyota doesn't run out and embrace all the latest gadgets from buyers too stupid to recognize that the load of Chinese electronics stuffed into their dash contributes more to the economic decline of their society than buying a Toyota. Nor do they update everything to the latest generation after 4-years. I guess that sucks?

We have a member who was just complaining about getting his 16-year old Ford SUV serviced. But I can get my 14-year old Toyota SUV serviced without an issue. And if I need a new engine? No problem, because it is still used in current 4Runners. Making parts, service, and replacement a non-issue.

fuckin amen to this.

I've been a professional ASE mechanic for 15 years prior to going back to college; and then past that off and on to put food on the table. I've been involved in the auto industry as a wrench-turning-enthusiast for over 30 years, and briefly as an engineer for Ford.

All those experiences were all I need to stuff my garage, and my family's garage, and my neighbor's garage with Toyota nameplates...going on 2 decades now with zero regrets.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Interesting how having a 4150 steel barrel on your AR makes you a dirt clod shooting debutante not worthy of posting on the inner webs and destined to be killed in the streets, yet choosing a less flashy automotive platform for the sake of long term service and reliability is a “perceived need”?

^^^^lol

That new Tundra looks ridiculous.

I drive a Toyota SUV.
    My wife drives a Toyota SUV.
    Neither of us are snowflakes.
    The two Japanese made vehicles in my garage are more reliable than any of the so-called US brand/made automobiles.
    We did not sacrifice a damn thing with our vehicle choice.
    Neither of us are smug about anything.

I feel so ashamed and exposed for owning a 2016 4Runner Trail Premium...

Oh wait..."consider the source".

Never mind.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

If they EVER import or make the Hilux here, I will be the first in line. With cash.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    With cash.
    Fucking Captains!......

User Tag List