Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Tundra TRD Pro leak

2022 Tundra TRD Pro leak

It will have some form of a twin turbo V6.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/41155/...d-dealer-shots

Name:  trdmainer.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  43.7 KB
    #RESIST

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Oooooh. I like the new exterior. Curious about the TT v6. Might be a big improvement over the tried and true but kind of dated iForce v8

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Meh...

The front end looks like some kind of Transformer kids toy.

I had a 2013 Rock Warrior Crew Cab. Recently traded it in with about 250K on it. Got a slightly used 2020 Limited Crew Cab in its place. “Meh” on that too. The biggest gripe I had over the 2013 is the absolutely USELESS rear seat arrangement. To me, it’s obvious that the design was done so some cuck could point to his wife and say “See how easy it is to load the groceries?” As far as having ANY kind of useful utility with the seats folded...it’s nil. The 2013 you could slide the seat(s) all the way forward and/or fold down the seat backs to create a large elevated flat surface. My dog loved it, my long guns and gear loved it. Now I can’t even tuck a damn first aid pack behind the rear seat.

That all said...I would NEVER buy a different brand truck again. EVER. Every vehicle my immediate family owns is a Toyota of some type. Mostly RAVs and trucks.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

The Tundra has always been one of those weird, also-ran, snowflake trucks that's just not appealing in any way other than for folks that somehow feel like they "need" a Japanese vehicle to get reliability. It's always been a situation where you sacrifice EVERYTHING else just to get that confidence/smugness.

Now they've decided to make it look like a child's toy on top of all that?

ooof.

What's next, the Nissan Titan?

Speaking of Japanese trucks, in case you ever wanted to own the truck from Halo...
    https://carbuzz.com/news/honda-ridge...ck-look-boring

Name:  854740.jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  54.2 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

[QUOTE=rob_s;1233630]The Tundra has always been one of those weird, also-ran, snowflake trucks that's just not appealing in any way other than for folks that somehow feel like they "need" a Japanese vehicle to get reliability. It's always been a situation where you sacrifice EVERYTHING else just to get that confidence/smugness.

And in my area MUCH better resale......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The Tundra has always been one of those weird, also-ran, snowflake trucks that's just not appealing in any way other than for folks that somehow feel like they "need" a Japanese vehicle to get reliability. It's always been a situation where you sacrifice EVERYTHING else just to get that confidence/smugness.

Well worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I had a 2015 Tundra SR5 Crewmax that he dealer gave me what I paid for it on a trade in for a 2019. I am currently getting email offers from the same dealer for $6500 more than what I paid for the 2019. If they had a new Tundra on the lot I would probably do it. I agree about the back seat storage issues but the dead nuts reliability outweighs that issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Oooooh. I like the new exterior. Curious about the TT v6. Might be a big improvement over the tried and true but kind of dated iForce v8
    Yep, the v8 is a great motor but really lags in the MPG department.

Also, I imagine Joe Craig is in trouble.

[QUOTE=Navin Johnson;1233632]
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

And a hell of a better drive!

It better get more than 17 MPG. That was a serious flaw of the old 5.7 V8. I wanted to buy a Tundra back in 2019 but that engine was seriously out dated.

I hope they have better luck with the new one. They seem to be solid and reliable like every other Toyota I've owned. I think that's been 6 or 7.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List