Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Portland back in the news

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Aren't knife fights and stabbings just harmless youthful fun?
    Pretty much seems to be the case anyplace that has meatpacking plants.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Aren't knife fights and stabbings just harmless youthful fun?
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Mostly peaceful, I hear.
    I heard they were fleeing from a crime scene in fear for their lives

Looks like a private security agency has been created to do what the city of Portland can't or won't do.

As business and property owners become increasingly frustrated with Portland’s public safety system, they are tapping private security to fill the vacuum — and perhaps no company has benefited more than Echelon. The firm investigates suspected crimes. Clients say guards patrol within an Old Town perimeter that stretches from Union Station to Southwest Ash Street. Business owners say they have been so satisfied with the company’s performance that they’ve reprogrammed their burglar alarms to ping Echelon — not 911 — if there’s a problem.

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/12/...town-portland/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

"Clients of Echelon Protective Services rave about the firm’s responsiveness, but county prosecutors fear a lack of accountability."

Hahaha! Lack of accountability perfectly describes Multnomah county prosecutors who selectively enforce the law and have a revolving door for violent criminals as long as they are not Proud Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Looks like a private security agency has been created to do what the city of Portland can't or won't do.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

Next up- Burbclaves.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Next up- Burbclaves.
    Likely. But we don't want to live in the suburbs. We want our safe, clean, enjoyable urban environment back again. Portland used to be a beautiful city--a beer-lover's and foodie's paradise where you could find parking, and walk safely at night. I'd rather have my taxes paying for law enforcement and clean streets, but if this is what it takes... I'm on board. Plus, my firearms instructor buddy is making good money training security guards.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

IIRC in Massad Ayoob’s book The Truth About Self Protection in 1983 he discussed the private security firms that were being used by the wealthy rather than relying on LAPD. The article seemed pretty biased against Echelon. The funny thing was it made them sound squared away.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Likely. But we don't want to live in the suburbs. We want our safe, clean, enjoyable urban environment back again. Portland used to be a beautiful city--a beer-lover's and foodie's paradise where you could find parking, and walk safely at night. I'd rather have my taxes paying for law enforcement and clean streets, but if this is what it takes... I'm on board. Plus, my firearms instructor buddy is making good money training security guards.

I can only imagine. I know a young guy who left the CG to work security in downtown Seattle. I think the money may have been a factor there.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-01-2021 at 07:16 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    "Clients of Echelon Protective Services rave about the firm’s responsiveness, but county prosecutors fear a lack of accountability."

Hahaha! Lack of accountability perfectly describes Multnomah county prosecutors who selectively enforce the law and have a revolving door for violent criminals as long as they are not Proud Boys.
    My favorite quote in the article…

Before Burke calls the police, she said, she will always call Echelon. She said their guards are fast and responsive, and they treat downtown Portland’s growing homeless population with compassion. When a naked woman began licking a Society Hotel window in front of guests, Burke said guards were able to gently get her to move by making her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

If you doubt what a failed state looks like, this would Exhibit #1.
    Next step is something Haitian or Venezuelan.

User Tag List