Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun and ammo related scam websites

Gun and ammo related scam websites

Maybe I'm not in the loop but I stumbled onto this today: https://www.springfield-hellcat.com/

It is a completely legitimate and in no way a scam website dedicated to the Springfield Hellcat.

Looks legit at first. Hovering over the "store" menu item is where it gets interesting. The store entries are "9mm caliber", "magazines" and "accessories". Odd way to phrase it but ok.

Aaaaand there it is. "9mm caliber is made by the best engineers after several developments." The best engineers you say? Several developments? Those are the developments I like! You know what? I'm sold. Already. I need this.

Well unfortunately some of the Perfectly Legitimate Goods were sold out. But just my luck, some were in stock!

It's buy time. Let's see. I guess we fill out our Perfectly Legitimate Order Form....

They only take Zelle, no credit cards. But fortunately for me, I have Zelle! (Because everyone does. You bank gave it to you. No you don't get a say in it.)

Uh oh. "If your order consist of a firearm"... well shit. My order DO consist of a firearm. Now I need an FFL?

Oh, thank goodness. The FFL is optional. I was starting to worry I wouldn't be able to give this Perfectly Legitimate Business my money.

Pipe down, you. I'm sure it was just an clerical error. They'll definitely get things squared away before they ship the gun that very much exists.

BOOM. Ordered. Just need to get their Perfectly Legitimate Email in my inbox, Zelle them my money, wait for them to recognize the completely understandable mistake of leaving out the FFL, thank them for their low, low fixed shipping rate of $20 and bing bam boom. Springfield Hellcat here I come!

Of course without javascript the store has some placeholders they forgot to take out. But these things happen.

Wasn't there someone here recently that was looking at a similar Kimber-dedicated store? I guess enough people are falling for this sort of thing that it's actually profitable.

Whois seems to have a Hong Kong contact for the Registrar.

Name:  4397130D-3404-410E-8517-75E051CFC514.jpg
Views: 1723
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  4A1151C4-502D-4B52-8B29-7A9A7F10DE0C.jpeg
Views: 1719
Size:  48.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Whois seems to have a Hong Kong contact for the Registrar.

Name:  4397130D-3404-410E-8517-75E051CFC514.jpg
Views: 1723
Size:  43.8 KB

Name:  4A1151C4-502D-4B52-8B29-7A9A7F10DE0C.jpeg
Views: 1719
Size:  48.2 KB
    The real disappointing thing is that if you used that support email even if you got a person they wouldn't know anything about the actual site contents. So letting boredom overtake you and asking things like "HELLO I DON'T HAVE THE ZELLE CAN YOU TAKE ITUNES GIFT CARDS" is going to go nowhere.

There was also a dan wesson scam site a short while ago if I remember correct. They had the DWX ready to ship.

I mean, the first sign is that they're selling the Springfield Hellcat. Why would you want that?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post

Aaaaand there it is. "9mm caliber is made by the best engineers after several developments." The best engineers you say? Several developments? Those are the developments I like! You know what? I'm sold. Already. I need this.

Here's another scam site, a spammer just tried to register with this out of Pakistan.

https://www.gunsandweaponscenter.com...ox-9mm-pistol/
    #RESIST

Gunshowmags is a pretty shady outfit. I order some mags for a Ruger Mini which they claimed were Ruger mags. I got something but they weren't Mini-14 mags. They don't even look like Ruger Mini-14 mags. I've tried to contact them but the line is dead. I think they may be in China because it took three weeks to get them and they look like something someone stamped out with a hammer. I going to throw them in the garbage if I don't hear anything from them in a few weeks.

Don't do business with these jokers.

https://www.gunshowmags.com/
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-22-2021 at 08:23 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

We had a clever spammer register today, schilling this outfit and with a Texas area code. Guess what? SCAM. Folks, please be careful. The scammers have figured out much money can be had easily in guns and gear social media sales. Before I made Buy/Sale/Trade Site Supporter access only, we literally had very genuine looking scammers cold calling (PMing) our forum members.

https://discreetammos.com/
    #RESIST

User Tag List