Thread: Interrogation Room Gun Grab in Las Vegas

Interrogation Room Gun Grab in Las Vegas

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/local-...with-officers/

"LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Video obtained by the I-Team shows the moment murder suspect Terrell Rhodes was able to grab a gun from a Metro police detective in an interview room. According to police, he had just confessed to killing 2-year-old Amari Nicholson and drew a map showing where the body could be found.

The video shows one of his hands cuffed to the table, and he tries to slip his hand out. He likely knows he’s going to jail, and he’s upset. The situation inside the interview room escalates quickly.

He is agitated, and detectives come back into the room to calm him down. That’s when he reaches over and grabs the gun from homicide detective Opal Deeds’ holster."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'm kind of surprised they allow firearms in the interview rooms, regardless of number of detectives present.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they allow firearms in the interview rooms, regardless of number of detectives present.
    I'm really surprised nobody in that room got shot.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'm really surprised nobody in that room got shot.
    Just guessing here, but I suspect his intention was suicide rather than homicide. Still...

Site Supporter
    Can’t tell what kind of holster for sure.

Probably one of the best retention holsters at preventing gun grabs was the Safariland 070. It had some other issues but this guy most likely would have never got the gun out.

Tactics also come into play, and do as much or more at preventing a gun grab as retention holster.

We all mess up, and that’s part of the reason you check your gun when dealing with suspects in places like this or a jail.

Credit them all for staying in the fight, especially the lady cop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Can’t tell what kind of holster for sure.

Credit them all for staying in the fight, especially the lady cop.
    It looks like there is an ALS-esque nub on the inside area of the holster but I don't recognize the profile of the holster or the belt mounting hardware.

i agree. She was right in there trying to resolve her mistake. Considering the lack of effectiveness of her punches maybe no one has ever taught her the 'power of the elbow.' Or she's been in relatively few scraps recently.

I had been looking for a 070 high-ride when I started my current gig. Couldn't find anything that didn't have a drop shank.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    We need to remind officers that a muzzle contact shot is a viable option in some circumstances. If you’ve never thought about making a contact shot nor ever been trained in that technique, it probably wouldn’t occur to you while you’re in the middle of a fight for your life

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Considering the lack of effectiveness of her punches . . .
    She was leaning across a table trying to punch, which affecting range for using an elbow, and screwing up any ability to generate power, whether punching or elbowing. No one will get much power when trying to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Tactics also come into play, and do as much or more at preventing a gun grab as retention holster.
    Yes, but one of the worst tactics for preventing a gun grab, but for some reason so many detectives insist on open carrying, with their badge clipped next to their gun/holster. Now, I will concede that true concealed carry is tougher for women, especially in warm weather, but concealing the gun would have gone a long way to making it harder for the suspect to get the gun.

User Tag List