Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peacmaker range price increase.

Peacmaker range price increase.

I know prices are going up but Damn. It's time for me to renew my membership and the price went from $200 a year to $480. Looks like I will be finding a new range to shoot at.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I know prices are going up but Damn. It's time for me to renew my membership and the price went from $200 a year to $480. Looks like I will be finding a new range to shoot at.
    Wooh, dude, I pay $30 a year.

I also understand i may not have the most "state of the art" facility haha
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

I have been to Peacemaker to take a class once. I shot on the thousand yard range. They have a nice facility.

I think they have a waiting list to join so I think raising their prices won't hurt them.

I don't know anything about Peacemaker, but I make such decisions based on utility to me versus price.

Our gun club has pretty much unlimited access to numerous small ranges or bays, plates on many ranges, a 600 yard rifle range, trap and skeet (specified hours and member of club shotgun staff has to be present), etc.

Prior to the ammo shortage I was out there three to five times a week.

Currently we are at $150 a year. Let's say they jumped it to $400 - $1,000 a year, based on my usage that wouldn't be a deal breaker - basically that would be between $2.56 and $6.57 per range trip at 3 times a week, at 5 times a week it would be $1.56 to $3.90 a trip.

A huge price increase is shocking, but if you look at it form the perspective of how often you go, plus available amenities, it may be worth your while to pay the higher price.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Never been to Peacemaker, but I have been to some ranges that I would gladly pay $480 a year to be a member.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    $480 sounds reasonable to me. I pay not much less than that for my annual membership at the last 3 indoor ranges I've been a member at.

In addition, Peacemaker was recently bought by Inter-Con Security. Inter-Con has huge contracts across the US and especially in the DC area where they've filled the US State Dept's Bureau of Diplomatic Security's domestic guard contract for the last 2-3 decades (currently 1500 personnel, IIRC). I imagine they probably invested in it as a residential training center for their employees, as their contract for State requires them to all go through a 5 week school upon hire and 1 week retraining every year; I'm not sure about the other contracts they hold, and whether they centralize their training. They previously only had a relatively small building in Virginia.

So, I imagine that if other people want to use the facility, they're going to want to actually make some money off them.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

If it makes you feel any better, I pay nearly $600 a year for my membership. Granted, that’s two pistol pits where I can do basically anything, an indoor range, outdoor 50 yard pistol, 100 and 200 yard covered rifle ranges, twelve skeet fields and five trap fields. I maintain my membership for the pistol pits and the rifle ranges. When I was going once a week pre pandemic and pre job change, it was essentially $12/week. I can live with that.

Site Supporter
    I’m paying $420 a year for a members only range - worth it to me for the access (9-9 7 days a week /365) and the facilities.

And as far as I can tell there are a LOT more places to shoot here than in NOVA. 480 isn’t crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’m paying $420 a year for a members only range - worth it to me for the access (9-9 7 days a week /365) and the facilities.

And as far as I can tell there are a LOT more places to shoot here than in NOVA. 480 isn’t crazy.
    I think part of the sticker shock is that PNTC isn't in NoVA. It services people from there, but it's a pretty good drive from "NoVA" when referring to the DC metro area and is on the edge of Appalachia.....so a good portion of the membership are hill people that can generally get away with shooting on their own property unless they want long range (hence the focus of PNTC's ranges being distance).....and also why there aren't really any other range facilities in the area around PNTC, as opposed to "NoVA" where there are a multitude of indoor ranges.

In that context, 480 is pretty dramatic.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I think part of the sticker shock is that PNTC isn't in NoVA. It services people from there, but it's a pretty good drive from "NoVA" when referring to the DC metro area and is on the edge of Appalachia.....so a good portion of the membership are hill people that can generally get away with shooting on their own property unless they want long range (hence the focus of PNTC's ranges being distance).....and also why there aren't really any other range facilities in the area around PNTC, as opposed to "NoVA" where there are a multitude of indoor ranges.

In that context, 480 is pretty dramatic.
    Is there any other range in NOVA that offers what PNTC offers ?

Because indoor ranges kind of suck.

User Tag List