Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking at adding a Korth PRS to my collection.

Looking at adding a Korth PRS to my collection.

Some of you I am sure have one and maybe know where to get one. I have bid over retail at a Gunbroker auction recently but backed off the gas after I thought the price was beyond what I considered to be reasonable fair market value. At the very least post some pictures for me to drool over ROFL. Okay, thanks guys and gals!

Here's mine in the center with my other Korths...

Cool Would you part with it?

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Here's mine in the center with my other Korths...

Would you part with that PRS?

If so are you a citizen within the UNITED STATES.

Okay thanks buddy,
    Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny1992 View Post
    Would you part with that PRS?

If so are you a citizen within the UNITED STATES.

Okay thanks buddy,
    Johnny
    Johnny thanks for your interest. I have no plans to sell the PRS. They are almost impossible to find now.

There’s one on GB, but it’s a scam.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Some of you I am sure have one and maybe know where to get one. I have bid over retail at a Gunbroker auction recently but backed off the gas after I thought the price was beyond what I considered to be reasonable fair market value. At the very least post some pictures for me to drool over ROFL. Okay, thanks guys and gals!
    I can try ordering one in Germany, though the factory hasn’t been terribly eager to make them, because reasons. Meanwhile, stay away from the original models with slabside slides liable to fracture in short order. Korth has replaced a few of them in Germany, but doing likewise in the United States would take more time and effort than it’s worth.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    I can try ordering one in Germany, though the factory hasn’t been terribly eager to make them, because reasons. Meanwhile, stay away from the original models with slabside slides liable to fracture in short order. Korth has replaced a few of them in Germany, but doing likewise in the United States would take more time and effort than it’s worth.
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I haven’t heard of such slabslide slides… is there a way to tell the difference such as the year of manufacture? Or stippling on the front and back slide?

Yeah I email them a couple days ago. The lady was quite firm about the Korth PRS not going back into production for years…

Also is there any research or documentation out there that shows the fragility of the piece?

-John

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    I haven’t heard of such slabslide slides… is there a way to tell the difference such as the year of manufacture? Or stippling on the front and back slide?

Yeah I email them a couple days ago. The lady was quite firm about the Korth PRS not going back into production for years…

Also is there any research or documentation out there that shows the fragility of the piece?
    The original slide after 830 rounds:

Name:  IMG_1150_klein.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  25.5 KB

See this discussion on gun-forum.de: Korth PRS und viele Fragen. You need to register to see the photos. I have them archived here. Note that the reinforcement does nothing for the muzzle end of the slide.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    The original slide after 830 rounds:

Name:  IMG_1150_klein.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  25.5 KB

See this discussion on gun-forum.de: Korth PRS und viele Fragen. You need to register to see the photos. I have them archived here. Note that the reinforcement does nothing for the muzzle end of the slide.
    Wow I see that.

Do personally own a Korth PRS

Ian from forgotten-weapons mentioned it’s got some serious craftsmanship so I’m kind of shocked.

That's a shame, a well executed poor design.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Buying/selling conversation deleted, LL.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-09-2022 at 11:17 AM.

User Tag List