Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seen at the local store - Typhoon semiautomatic shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Initially it was the Win bulk packs Walmart used to sell. When I switched to regular AA loads cycling improved. It may just have been that particular 712 didn’t like bargain bin bulk ammo. I’ve never seen another in the wild to compare notes with.
    My 870 wouldn't run that Wally-world Winchester Universal crap. I doubt even a 1301 would. That stuff is nasty.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I owned one for a little bit. It's very light for a 12ga (IMO), mine didn't like bulk Winchester but would run better on the higher quality AA (IIRC) and no one at the skeet range likes to pull for the guy with the 20" barrel. Apparently it barks more than they like.
    A friend of mine who has pitched in to help with shotgun classes bought one in the effort to find an economical alternative to the 1301. Reliability was spotty, very picky about ammo it would feed. Which is a real pisser right now in an ammo drought.

He was unhappy enough with it that he looked at the aforementioned Stoeger.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    My 870 wouldn't run that Wally-world Winchester Universal crap. I doubt even a 1301 would. That stuff is nasty.
    My 1301 has actually run a fair bit of it without complaint.

Whether that holds up with post-covid production, I wouldn't venture a guess.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    A friend of mine who has pitched in to help with shotgun classes bought one in the effort to find an economical alternative to the 1301. Reliability was spotty, very picky about ammo it would feed. Which is a real pisser right now in an ammo drought.

He was unhappy enough with it that he looked at the aforementioned Stoeger.
    Good to know about the Stoeger. I was also looking at economic options for a semi-auto. I see they offer a version already set up for defensive use.

User Tag List