Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meprolight FT Bullseye sight for aging eyes - an experiment

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Attachment 73187

It’s a dot in a circle. If the index is off, the dot moves in the circle.

It looks like a bullseye to me, no?

Just to cross post, I found them seamless to use. Even weak handed.

Thanks for the clarification. I need one.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    The term "Bullseye" here is a misnomer. It implies front and rear sights. This gismo is a lighted dot placed on the target. It might work ok.
    My past experience is that it seems to work fine for my needs. This will allow me to be sure before I go down the RDS route.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    My 0.02. Defensive pistols don't need reflex sights. I have Vortex on several of my target guns and they improve my 25 and 50 yd shooting yugely. I love those things and it makes me feel like I'm still in the game. The truth is my eyesight isn't good enough to shoot at those distances with iron sights. I can still manage aperture sights on a carbine but I have problems with pistols and revolvers. The sight picture just isn't clear enough to shoot well at those distances. I have eye exams every year and get new glasses but it doesn't help.

I can shoot well enough at 7 yards without any help from after market sights. That's my gauge for a carry. I'm sure many will disagree but 7 yards is my standard for a carry. Honestly, I think I'm using my front sight and never really seeing my rear sight. At least it isn't a conscious effort. I used a shotgun for many years and shot for money. Shotguns don't have rear sights, at least the ones I used. Your eye is the rear sight. The rib is there so you can pick up the front bead. That's all you need.
    Turned 51 this year.
    Have 20/20 from LASIK, but still have old man fuzzy eyes at arms length.
    All my carry and defensive Glocks have green XS DXT2 standard dot sights, my pocket carry P365 SAS has the Bullseye sight on it.
    XS because I like the express front sight dominant sight picture and I shoot them well (my best ever FAST was with XS big dots).
    Green because I see it the best under the most conditions. Standard dot because it's a happy medium between high visibility and precision.

Almost all my shooting these days is on steel ranging from 6" to 10" plates and a USPSA A/C silhouette at ranges from 10Y-50Y.
    My defensive standard is an appropriate sized target at an appropriate distance shooting an appropriate number of rounds as fast as possible, zero misses.
    Kinda vague... but from years of competition/training I know what standard I need to maintain and how to not just maintain but improve.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

The sight showed up today and went right on. The sight picture is as I remembered, rather quick if you have good index. I tested it before mounting in the dungeon interior closet and confirmed the tritium was doing its thing.

It slipped right on. It better shoot to POA because there are no adjustments. I’ll dip into my shrinking stash of Lawman 124s to try it out in the next week or two and will report back. To reiterate, I’m looking for this to be a minute of pie plate 25’ defensive gun where I can see the sights more easily.

Name:  7CA6E4D3-9AD5-47D6-97EE-A059B60DD15C.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  97.1 KB

Name:  A43B4095-B238-48D8-B9EE-53B31A5D4F23.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  18.8 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Oh, and the good news is that if this experiment works, the sight fits in a few of my usual non optic IWB and OWB holsters plus my IWB that is optic cut.
    Ken

Updates?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Updates?
    I have a case of ammunition arriving tomorrow, so hopefully I can get to the range in the next week or so.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have a case of ammunition arriving tomorrow, so hopefully I can get to the range in the next week or so.
    ?

Nothing yet - I had to run back to Chicago this week.
    Ken

If this works well...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jua8a8BgLHI

Looks like Galloway mills all sorts for these. Buried in the slide like the 365SAS. Hmmmmm.

User Tag List