Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Meprolight FT Bullseye sight for aging eyes - an experiment

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jua8a8BgLHI

Looks like Galloway mills all sorts for these. Buried in the slide like the 365SAS. Hmmmmm.
    Interesting…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Interesting…
    I’ll hold off on selling the slide from my original G43 to see how this shakes out for you. Might be interested in this for a pocket rocket 9mm... and if it works maybe a G42 as well.

You mentioned the link in the OP having the wrong SKU number, what SKU did you actually purchase for the 43?

Oh, and I read through the comments on the YouTube vid... looks like $125 plus shipping for the milling from Galloway.
    Last edited by jandbj; 07-18-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    I’ll hold off on selling the slide from my original G43 to see how this shakes out for you. Might be interested in this for a pocket rocket 9mm... and if it works maybe a G42 as well.

You mentioned the link in the OP having the wrong SKU number, what SKU did you actually purchase for the 43?

Oh, and I read through the comments on the YouTube vid... looks like $125 plus shipping for the milling from Galloway.
    I’d be tempted to try this with a Brownells slide, or a spare Glock slide - I’m still not entirely sure I won’t end up getting my original slide milled for a RMRcc. I wonder how they deal with POA?

The correct SKU is 0631023108.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I finally made it to the range with this last night.

As expected, this isn’t a target sighting system. I was able to easily and quickly make center of mass hits out to 25’, but it works best inside of 7 yards (as expected.) Acquisition is quick, I’m chasing the dot a little like I do at first with a RDS when I haven’t been practicing so I expect that would go away with use. Probably the biggest difference is not being able to see through the dot, but at the closer ranges where this is appropriate I don’t think that matters much.

I’ll continue the experiment. I have a 26.5 out for milling to take a RMRcc so I’ll compare the two when that’s back and running. There’s a pretty good chance the 43 will end up the same way.
    Ken

Range trip two, another 100 rounds. I’m still not sure, and am beginning to wonder how this would be on my 42 instead. So far, the Mepro does exactly what they said it will do.
    Ken

I’ve decided switching back and forth between the Mepro and a RDS is more than my reptilian brain can handle, so the experiment is over. I bundled up the slide to send to Battlewerx for a RMRcc cut and will be moving the Mepro on. It actually works very well, but I need consistency.
    Ken

User Tag List